Priory regularly hosts events at hospitals and wellbeing centres across the country, and is able to offer education support at your practice. For details on venue, topic, speakers and how to register your place for an upcoming event, please click here.
We also have a number of expert speakers with a wide range of specialities, who are available to visit your practice to host bespoke educational seminars. Our free sessions will last for up to one hour and include a presentation which will cover both the theory relating to the session topic, and an outline of practical ways that healthcare professionals can help their patients.
All practice staff or associated healthcare professionals, including GP registrars, practice nurses, medical students and locums, are welcome to attend and will be issued with an attendance certificate which can be used as evidence for CPD training.
The following are a selection of topics which our specialist team can present on:
- Anxiety and panic disorders - identifying, differentiating and treating the spectrum of anxiety disorders
- Health and anxiety - how to support ‘heart sink patients’ and treat medically unexplained symptoms
- Borderline personality disorder and mood disorders - response, action and treatment advice for GPs
- Depression treatment - update including NICE guidance, medication and treatment resistance
- Handling addiction in general practice - identifying, supporting and treating patients suffering with addiction
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) - how to manage in adults
- Bipolar disorders - Identifying and treating the spectrum of bipolar affective disorder
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) - providing it in general practice
- Sleep disorders - holistic and medical management of sleep disorders and insomnia
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) - identifying and treating OCD in children, adolescents and adults
- Managing eating disorders - identifying and treating eating disorders
- Dementia management - identification in general practice and specialist services
We can also consider tailored requests for support including a wide range of child and adolescent seminars, non-clinical seminars, local case study reviews and Q&As with a specialist from your regional Priory hospital.
Get in Touch Today
If you would like to request an educational event at your practice, or have any queries about Priory services, your regional Priory Placement Specialist can assist you. Alternatively please call 0207 605 4315 or email us with any questions
To discuss how Priory can provide support to you: