Priory Hospital Altrincham is an inpatient mental health and addiction rehab hospital, providing expert treatment for a range of mental health challenges, including treatment for depression, as well as drug and alcohol addiction treatment. We also provide outpatient therapy for adults and young people struggling with an eating disorder.
Our dedicated team are committed to ensuring that you benefit from a safe and comfortable environment at all times, and receive the highest standard of care while you’re with us.
Our Private Mental Health Treatment Service
Altrincham is widely regarded as being one of the best mental health treatment centres in the country. Our multidisciplinary team are committed to upholding our reputation and providing exceptional care for all of your mental health concerns. We are able to provide specialist treatment for a wide range of mental health conditions including depression treatment, help for anxiety & stress, PTSD and OCD treatments and more.
In addition, we are able to offer diagnostic assessments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) at Priory Hospital Altrincham. We also provide private outpatient mental health treatment for young people under the age of 18.
Our expert team work together seamlessly to develop and deliver person-centred mental health treatment programmes, which are tailored to your individual requirements. This approach equips you with the skills and coping mechanisms to improve your wellbeing, alleviate your symptoms and resume the fulfilling life that you deserve.
- 99% of patients rated Altrincham’s services as being either ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’
- 99% of patients from the Altrincham Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay
- 96% of patients from the Altrincham Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they would recommend us to a friend
- 97% of patients from the Altrincham acute mental health service stated that when they arrived, staff made them feel welcome
Our Private Addiction Rehab Programme
At Priory Hospital Altrincham, our addiction treatment experts understand that struggling with a substance or behavioural addiction can have a destructive impact on your health, wellbeing and ability to function, as well as your work performance and relationships with others. As such, we are committed to delivering comprehensive residential treatment for a range of addictions like alcohol, drugs and gambling.
To do that, we offer a 28-day residential Addiction Treatment Programme, which puts your recovery first. It includes:
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- 7 to 10 day medically assisted detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Individual 1:1 therapy and a structured group therapy programme
- A family and couples programme
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Free family support for 12 months following treatment
Our flexible and patient-centred Addiction Treatment Programme at Altrincham is led by world-renowned experts in their field. Our team have extensive experience in supporting patients from many walks of life, providing clinically effective treatment to help you get back on track.
Our Private Outpatient Eating Disorder Service
At Priory Hospital Altrincham, we are also able to provide a specialist outpatient eating disorder treatment service for both adults and young people. We can provide support for individuals struggling with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder (BED), and other specified feeding or eating disorders (OSFED), also known as eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS).
Our outpatient eating disorder service consists of patients attending our site at Altrincham for weekly therapy sessions. These sessions may be flexible around your work and other commitments.
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Altrincham
At Altrincham, our experts possess a wealth of experience in delivering a wide range of therapy services, which are offered on an individual basis or as part of a group therapy programme. These include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Schema-focused therapy
Our flexible treatment programmes include outpatient therapy and day care, which are designed to fit around your existing commitments, as well as inpatient (residential) treatment, for those who require more intensive, ongoing support.
In addition, we recognise that improving patients’ wellbeing, and helping them to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit, plays a hugely important role in their recovery. Therefore, we also provide access to a range of wellbeing activities and facilities, as part of your treatment programme. These include:
- Meditation and relaxation classes
- Guided walks
- Creative art and art therapy for both adults and young people
- Recreational quizzes and movie nights
- Escorted trips to a local gym and swimming pool
We are currently experiencing high levels of demand for adult one-to-one outpatient therapy at Priory Hospital Altrincham, resulting in waiting lists. We do offer immediate access to online therapy with a qualified therapist for self-pay clients, through our digital platform Priory Connect. You can find out more information about Priory Connect, and details on how to register by clicking here. For quick access to support for those needing residential treatment please call 0808 159 2720.
About Priory Hospital Altrincham
Set within a beautifully-appointed manor house, Priory Hospital Altrincham is located in a tranquil Cheshire setting. We provide a peaceful and homely feel, offering the perfect environment for adults and young people to receive specialist support.
Our beautiful greenfield site and welcoming hospital environment help our patients on their road to recovery. Our stunning building comprises single-occupancy bedrooms with en-suite facilities, providing the utmost privacy and comfort for our patients.
In summary, Priory Hospital Altrincham offers:
- World-class treatment private mental health treatment in Cheshire and the surrounding area
- Comprehensive treatment programme for a range of addictions
- Stunning manor house with newly refurbished peaceful living areas and beautiful private grounds including landscaped gardens and communal seating areas
- Multi-faith resources accessible in the local community
- On-site restaurant with catering to suit all dietary needs
- Easy access from the regional motorway network (including the M6, M60 and M56), and Manchester Airport
- Close proximity to Dunham Massey and Tatton Park, beautiful National Trust sites offering stunning woodland scenery and gardens
- Close proximity to the well-appointed village of Hale, offering access to local amenities
Quality and Regulation
You can be assured that the treatment that we deliver at Altrincham is driven by robust clinical governance and adheres to the highest standards in mental health care. We are continually monitored and maintained through a rigorous application of quality standards and measured outcomes by our independent regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). In addition, our services are benchmarked against the National Service Framework and our care packages delivered in line with NICE guidelines.
We also strive to ensure the effectiveness and success of our treatment by meeting exacting, externally validated standards, and our results compare favourably with the published benchmarks.
How to Find Priory Hospital Altrincham
Our address is: Priory Hospital Altrincham, Rappax Road, Hale, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 0NX.
You can reach us:
We are close to junction 19 of the M6 motorway in Cheshire. If you enter our postcode into a sat nav, this will bring you to us.
The numbers 283, 284, 762, 768, 88 bus lines stop near to Priory Hospital Altrincham. The nearest bus stop to us is Whitehouse Drive which is a 5-minute walk away.
The closest train stations to us are Ashley, Hale and Altrincham on the Northern Line. All three are a short taxi ride away.
- Addiction Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Young People’s Services
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Personality Disorders
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction