Priory Hospital Altrincham provides expert treatment for a range of mental health conditions and addictions. The hospital is comprised of three inpatient units, providing specialist care for: adults with range of mental health challenges; young people with an eating disorder; as well as an adult addiction rehab and treatment programme.
Altrincham also provides establish, evidence-based outpatient treatment for a wide range of mental health conditions, including: depression, anxiety disorders, stress, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), phobias, PTSD and bipolar disorder.
Our dedicated team are committed to ensuring that you benefit from a safe and comfortable environment at all times, and receive the highest standard of care while you’re with us.
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Altrincham
At Altrincham, our experts possess a wealth of experience in delivering a wide range of therapy services. The below services are offered on an individual basis:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Compassion focused therapy (CFT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Schema-focused therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Dynamic interpersonal therapy (DIT)
As part of a group therapy programme, we also offer:
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- CBT for bipolar disorder
Our flexible treatment programmes include outpatient therapy and day care, which are designed to fit around your existing commitments, as well as inpatient (residential) treatment, for those who require more intensive, ongoing support.
In addition, we recognise that improving patients’ wellbeing, and helping them to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit, plays a hugely important role in their recovery. Therefore, we also provide access to a range of wellbeing activities and facilities, as part of your inpatient treatment programme. These include:
- Occupational therapy
- Art psychotherapy
- Meditation and relaxation classes
- Energising walks
- Recreational quizzes and movie nights
- Yoga sessions
- Sleep hygiene
- Sleep management
- 99% of patients rated Altrincham’s services as being either ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’
- 99% of patients from the Altrincham Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay
- 96% of patients from the Altrincham Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they would recommend us to a friend
- 97% of patients from the Altrincham acute mental health service stated that when they arrived, staff made them feel welcome
About Priory Hospital Altrincham
Set within a beautifully-appointed manor house, Priory Hospital Altrincham is located in a tranquil setting. We provide a peaceful and homely feel, offering the perfect environment for adults and young people to receive specialist support.
Our beautiful greenfield site and welcoming hospital environment help our patients on their road to recovery. Our stunning building comprises single-occupancy bedrooms with en-suite facilities, providing the utmost privacy and comfort for our patients.
For people aged 18 years or over who have concerns about their wellbeing, our specialist rehab clinic in Manchester offers:
- World-class private mental health treatment in Manchester
- Comprehensive treatment programme for a range of addictions
- Professional, specialised, easily accessible and confidential service
- Newly refurbished, peaceful living areas, encouraging relaxing leisure time
- Beautiful private grounds including landscaped gardens and communal seating areas
- Multi-faith resources accessible in the local community
- On-site restaurant with catering to suit all dietary needs
- A therapy hub
- Arrangement for help with medical problems if necessary
- Easy access from the regional motorway network (including the M6, M60 and M56), and Manchester Airport
- Close proximity to Dunham Massey and Tatton Park, beautiful National Trust sites offering stunning woodland scenery and gardens
- Close proximity to the well-appointed village of Hale, offering access to local amenities
- Support for family members
Quality and Regulation
You can be assured that the treatment that we deliver at Altrincham is driven by robust clinical governance and adheres to the highest standards in mental health care. We are continually monitored and maintained through a rigorous application of quality standards and measured outcomes by our independent regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). In addition, our services are benchmarked against the National Service Framework and our care packages delivered in line with NICE guidelines.
We also strive to ensure the effectiveness and success of our treatment by meeting exacting, externally validated standards, and our results compare favourably with the published benchmarks.