Stress treatment and counselling
Located just outside Manchester, in leafy Cheshire, Priory Altrincham is a specialist mental health treatment and rehabilitation centre, providing high quality treatment and therapy for a wide variety of mental health conditions, including stress.
Our exceptional team of psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and nurses possess a wealth of clinical experience in the treatment of stress, and are committed to ensuring that all treatment is designed in close partnership with our patients so that you receive a bespoke package of care and achieve the most positive post-treatment outcomes for you as an individual.
We understand that chronic stress can be extremely difficult to cope with, and unfortunately, it is becoming an increasingly common problem in the context of modern working life.
Help to Overcome stress
If you are looking for expert stress counselling "near me", then look no further than Priory Hospital Altrincham. Our expert team of psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and nurses are waiting to help you.
Without timely and professional support, stress can have a hugely detrimental impact on all areas of your life as well as on your physical and psychological health. If you think that you or someone that you know is struggling with stress, it is important to seek specialist support before the condition becomes progressively worse. Stress treatment at Altrincham will empower you to overcome your stress, reduce your stress symptoms and take steps towards a healthier and more positive way of life.
What happens during stress treatment?
The stress treatment programme at the Cheshire hospital empowers you to address and resolve the underlying causes for your stress, acquire effective coping mechanisms to help you to deal with your stress in healthier ways in the future, and ultimately enable you to take steps towards the happy and fulfilling life that you deserve.
Our multidisciplinary team are able to deliver a wide range of established therapeutic methods to treat stress, and the stress treatment that you receive will be adapted according to the level of the support that you require. At Altrincham, we can deliver:
- A personalised stress treatment programme, with different intensity options, depending on the nature and severity of your condition. Our stress treatment programmes include:
- Outpatient stress treatment programme
- Day care stress treatment programme
- Inpatient (residential) stress treatment programme
- Therapy delivered in a number of different formats including:
- 1:1 therapy
- Group therapy
- Family counselling
- Couples counselling
- Established therapy types including:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Schema therapy
You can read more about our stress treatment and therapy options on our approach to mental health treatment page.
- Addiction Treatment
- Mental Health Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Young People’s Services
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Personality Disorders
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Perinatal Depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction