Priory Hospital Glasgow is one of the UK’s leading inpatient treatment centres, providing specialist support for mental health conditions and addictions. We provide evidence based treatment for a range of mental health problems, including treatment for depression, as well as alcohol rehab and drug rehab.
Our patient-centred treatment programmes are based on the very latest thinking in mental health, and are delivered by expert psychologists, psychiatrists, and other highly qualified mental health professionals. Our multidisciplinary team are committed to delivering the finest mental health care available. We strive to improve the lives of every individual who seeks support with us.
Our Private Mental Health Treatment Service
Glasgow’s mental health treatment programme provides established, evidence-based treatment for a wide range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, stress, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and bipolar disorder.
Without specialist care, your mental health problems can have a destructive impact on all areas of your life. However, it’s important to recognise that mental health conditions are treatable, and you don’t have to struggle on your own. At Priory Hospital Glasgow, we have successfully treated thousands of patients for their mental health concerns; we can empower you to improve your wellbeing, and take steps towards the healthy and fulfilling life you deserve.
In addition, we make sure that get to know our patients on a meaningful and personal level, allowing us to allocate the most appropriate team member to each of our patients. This means that you’ll benefit from the best possible care for you as an individual.
- Evidence-based therapy, designed to tackle the underlying causes of your mental health problems
- Treatment plans developed by our experienced consultants and therapists
- Round-the-clock specialist support
Our Private Addiction Rehab Programme
At Priory Hospital Glasgow, our experts recognise that all forms of addiction can have a damaging effect on your quality of life, relationships with others, as well as your physical and psychological wellbeing. That’s why we’re committed to delivering private addiction treatment and rehabilitation for a broad range of addictions, including addictions to substances such as alcohol or drugs, as well as behavioural addictions such as gambling, love and sex, internet and shopping addictions.
Our 28-day addiction treatment programme includes:
- Free, no obligation addiction assessment
- 7-day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for alcohol and drug addictions, if required
- Group therapy and individual 1:1 therapy
- A family programme
- Access to 12-Step support groups
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Free family support for 12 months following treatment
Glasgow’s intensive Addiction Treatment Programme is led by our experienced team of consultants and therapists, all of whom possess unrivalled clinical experience. You’ll also benefit from access to our dedicated peer supporter network. Furthermore, we can treat dual diagnoses and multiple presenting issues at Glasgow, so we can tackle the triggers and underlying causes for your addiction, as well as the addiction itself.
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Glasgow
Our flexible treatment programmes include outpatient therapy and day care, which are individually tailored and designed to fit around your work and other commitments, as well as more intensive inpatient (residential) treatment, for those who require continuing monitoring and support.
We are proud to be able to offer a diverse range of therapy types at Glasgow, which can be delivered as part of a group therapy programme, or on an individual one-to-one basis. These include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Person centred therapy (PCT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
You’ll also benefit from a selection of wellbeing activities, which allow you to relax, unwind, and focus on your mind, body and spirit. These include:
- Yoga/Tai Chi classes
- Relaxation groups
- Art therapy and other forms of creative therapies
- Walks in our beautiful landscaped gardens
- Organised weekend trips and activities
- Access to a local gym, offering state of the art fitness equipment, a swimming pool and regular exercise classes
- 99% of patients from the Glasgow Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay
- 97% of patients from the Glasgow Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they would recommend us to a friend
- 80% of patients at Glasgow experienced an improvement in their level of anxiety (with a statistically reliable average change score of 5.6) - GAD7
- 83% of patients experienced at Glasgow an improvement in their level of depression (with a statistically reliable average change score of 6.2) - PHQ9
“On arrival, staff were professional, compassionate and knowledgeable. The therapists make this place what it is. Whatever you go there for you are looked after from beginning until the end. I cannot give Priory any more praise, 5/5 stars just does not quantify the profound experience I had in my time there...Priory Group should be proud to have a jewel in its crown that Priory Hospital Glasgow definitely is...it was my privilege and honour to stay there and have such outstanding treatment...Well done to you all.”
- Former client at Priory Hospital Glasgow
About Priory Hospital Glasgow
Located in the leafy Southside area of Glasgow, the hospital offers patients a relaxed environment to aid their recovery. Our magnificent Georgian manor house comprises single-occupancy bedrooms, each with en-suite facilities, providing the utmost privacy and comfort for our patients.
The hospital also provides:
- Private landscaped gardens, complete with communal seating areas and a greenhouse
- Peaceful and welcoming living areas, that provide a relaxing atmosphere
- An on-site doctor, available 24 hours a day
- On-site TV and games room
- An award-winning on-site restaurant that serves high quality, delicious meals, and offers a comprehensive menu to suit all tastes
- Dedicated housekeeping
- Close proximity to the beautiful Queens Park, where patients can enjoy well-maintained gardens and a boating lake
- Very easy access from Glasgow city centre, local train stations, motorways, and airports
How to Find us
Our address is: Priory Hospital Glasgow, 38-40 Mansionhouse Road, Glasgow, Greater Glasgow, G41 3DW.
You can reach us:
We are located in the Shawlands area of Glasgow, south of the city centre. If you enter our postcode into a sat nav, this will bring you to us.
The numbers 3, 34A, 4, 57A and 6 bus lines stop near to Priory Hospital Glasgow. The nearest bus stop to us is Blairhall Avenue which is an 8-minute walk away.
The closest train stations to us are Langside, Shawlands and Pollokshaws West, with trains operated by ScotRail. All three are a short walk or taxi ride away.
Payment Options for Priory Hospital Glasgow
NHS services at Priory Hospital Glasgow
Crisis Care at Priory Hospital Glasgow
For further details of career opportunities across our nationwide network of hospitals and wellbeing centres please click here
Inside Priory Hospital Glasgow