Priory Hospital Roehampton is one of the country’s leading rehab facilities for mental health conditions, addictions and eating disorders.
We provide expert treatment for a range of mental health challenges, including treatment for depression, as well as drug and alcohol addiction treatment. We also offer inpatient mental health treatment for young people and outpatient support for individuals struggling with an eating disorder.
Our dedicated team, consisting of experienced psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses and other mental health specialists, are committed to providing expert treatment for your challenges, supporting you to get back on track. All of our treatment programmes are flexible and evidence-based, helping you to address your problems and take steps towards a happy and healthy future.
Our Private Addiction Rehab Programme
If you struggle with an addiction, you’ll know that this can have a devastating effect on your quality of life. At Priory Hospital Roehampton, our addiction treatment specialists can provide support for many different addictions, ranging from substance addictions like drug and alcohol to behavioural addictions like gambling, internet and shopping. We place you at the centre of your private addiction treatment programme, empowering you to tackle your unique concerns and achieve the best possible outcomes.
At Roehampton, we’re world-renowned for our Addiction Treatment Programme. Our comprehensive 28-day programme includes:
- A free, no obligation addiction assessment
- 7-day medically supervised detoxification, if this is needed
- A family/friends/couples programme
- On-site Fellowship meetings
- Free aftercare for life following treatment
All of the addiction therapy we deliver is led by our consultants, with input from highly experienced therapists and peer supporters. We understand that addictions can go hand-in-hand with other mental health problems, which is why we can also treat other disorders at the same time as treating your addiction.
Our Private Mental Health Treatment Service
Our mental health treatment programme at Roehampton provides high quality support for a range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, stress, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
If you struggle with a mental health problem, this can reduce your health and wellbeing, and prevent you functioning in your daily life. Without help, your mental health issues can have a negative impact on a whole range of things, including your relationships, your performance at work or school, and they can even lead to other mental health problems. That’s why it’s so important to get the help you need.
Mental health patients at Roehampton will benefit from:
- An individually tailored treatment plan
- Round-the-clock care
- A combination of 1:1 and group therapy
- Evidence-based techniques
- Support to alleviate your symptoms and develop effective coping mechanisms for the future
If you or someone you know is suffering with a mental health problem, it’s important to know that you’re not alone; treatment is available. At Roehampton, you will receive every resource you need to tackle your mental health difficulties and pave the way towards a more positive future.
Our Private Outpatient Eating Disorder Service
At Priory Hospital Roehampton, we also provide an enhanced outpatient eating disorder treatment programme for a number of different eating disorders. These include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder (BED) and other specified feeding or eating disorders (OSFED).
Our intensive outpatient eating disorder programme lasts for three months, giving you an alternative to residential treatment. During the programme, we’ll help you to stabilise your weight, normalise your eating habits and reduce your negative thoughts through a course of talking therapy.
The programme is flexible and you’ll have the ability to adapt yours as you progress. Your treatment can be scaled up or scaled down, depending on the support needed at each stage of your recovery journey.
Private Inpatient Mental Health Treatment for Young People
Our dedicated Young People’s Service provides inpatient mental health treatment to young people between the ages of 12 and 17. We offer a welcoming, comfortable and age-appropriate environment, and provide individually tailored support to help our young patients get back on track.
We can help young people who are struggling with a range of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, school phobia, OCD, PTSD, psychosis and self-harm. We can also support adolescents who are experiencing emotional difficulties in relation to things like bullying or family conflict.
We can also offer assessments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum conditions (ASC) when these co-occur alongside a primary mental health concern.
We provide a range of evidence-based therapies, interventions, and wellbeing activities, designed to engage young people in treatment and support them to get better. We also offer ongoing access to education via our on-site school, so our young people can continue with their studies while they’re with us.
- 98% of patients from the Roehampton acute mental health service stated that they felt safe during their stay
- 97% of patients from the Roehampton acute mental health service stated that when they arrived, staff made them feel welcome
- 95% of patients from the Roehampton Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend
- 99% of patients from the Roehampton Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Roehampton
At Roehampton, our clinical experts have extensive experience in delivering a range of therapy types, which are offered on an individual basis or as part of a group therapy programme. Therapy can be face-to-face or can take place remotely via an online digital platform.
Our therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Compassion focused therapy (CFT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Equine therapy
- Pets as therapy (PAT) as part of our Young People’s Service
Our flexible treatment programmes include outpatient therapy and day care treatment, which are designed to fit around you. For people who need more intensive, ongoing support, inpatient (residential) treatment with Roehampton can help you recover away from the stresses of the outside world.
We also understand that improving patients’ general sense of wellbeing can help them in their recovery journey. That’s why we also provide a number of wellbeing activities, helping you to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit while you’re with us. These include:
- Relaxation techniques
- Gym sessions in our on-site gym
- Walks in Richmond Park
- Art therapy
- Movie nights
- Menu planning with a dietitian
We are also able to provide world class outpatient treatment for mental health conditions, addictions and eating disorders at Wimbledon Park Clinic. This service can be accessed through Priory Hospital Roehampton and is an extension of the mental health treatment that we offer here.
Wimbledon Park Clinic provides:
- Face-to-face, one-to-one therapy, accessed on an outpatient basis
- Treatment for a range of conditions, including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), stress, trauma, eating disorders and addictions
- Tried and tested therapeutic techniques, including CBT, integrative therapy and psychodynamic therapy
- A team of highly qualified therapists, specialised in treating a range of mental health presentations
About Priory Hospital Roehampton
At Roehampton, we believe the treatment environment is just as important as the treatment itself when it comes to mental health, eating disorder and addiction recovery. Our beautiful Grade II listed building provides the perfect setting for you to focus on your health and wellbeing. Our private wards offer modern en-suite bedrooms, ensuring you feel comfortable and welcome.
The hospital also provides:
- Extensive landscaped grounds where you can relax and unwind
- Peaceful and welcoming living areas
- High quality housekeeping
- Very easy access from the M25, London’s major airports and Central London
While you’re with us, we also make sure you have the chance to get out and about in the community, which plays a key role in your recovery by helping you to regain your independence. We have excellent links with local leisure facilities, and we’re also very close to Richmond Park, London’s largest Royal park. There are also lots of shops, libraries, supermarkets and community colleges within walking distance, or just a short bus ride away from Roehampton. This means you can still keep up with your hobbies and interests during your treatment programme.
Quality and Regulation
You can be assured that the treatment you receive at Priory Hospital Roehampton is of the highest standards. This is because we’re regularly monitored by our independent regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and benchmarked against the National Service Framework.
We are currently rated good by the CQC.
How to find us
Located in London, Priory Hospital Roehampton has excellent links to motorways, trains, tubes, and buses.
Our address is: Priory Hospital Roehampton, Priory Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5JJ.
You can reach us:
We are close to the M4 motorway and located just off the A205. If you enter our postcode into a sat nav, this will bring you to us.
The numbers 33, 337 and 430 bus lines stop near to Priory Hospital Roehampton. The nearest bus stops to us are on Priory Lane or Upper Richmond Road.
Our closest train station is Barnes station, operated by South Western Railway, which is approximately a 12-15 minute walk from the hospital. Our closest tube station is East Putney, which is approximately a 40-minute walk from the hospital or a short taxi journey.
- Mental Health Treatment
- Addiction Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Anger Management
- Adjustment Disorder
- Affective Disorders
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Trauma Counselling
- Work Addiction
- Young People’s Services