Priory Hospital Roehampton in London, is one of the country’s leading rehab facilities for mental health conditions, addictions and eating disorders.
We provide expert treatment for a range of mental health challenges, including treatment for depression, as well as drug and alcohol addiction treatment. We also offer inpatient mental health treatment for young people and outpatient support for people struggling with an eating disorder. In addition, we offer private autism assessments for children.
Our dedicated team, consisting of experienced psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses and other mental health specialists, are committed to providing expert treatment for your challenges, supporting you to get back on track. All of our treatment programmes are developed according to your needs and evidence-based, helping you to address your problems and take steps towards a happy and healthy future.
About Priory Hospital Roehampton
At Roehampton, we believe the treatment environment is just as important as the treatment itself when it comes to mental health, eating disorder and addiction recovery. Our beautiful Grade II listed building provides the perfect setting for you to focus on your health and wellbeing. Our private wards offer modern en-suite bedrooms, ensuring you feel comfortable and welcome.
The hospital provides:
- Landscaped grounds where you can relax and unwind
- Peaceful and welcoming living areas
- High quality housekeeping
- Very easy access from the M25, London’s major airports and Central London
While you’re with us, we also make sure you have the chance to get out and about in the community, which plays a key role in your recovery by helping you to regain your independence. We have excellent links with local leisure facilities, and we’re also very close to Richmond Park, London’s largest Royal park. There are also lots of shops, libraries, supermarkets and community colleges within walking distance, or just a short bus ride away from Roehampton. This means you can still keep up with your hobbies and interests during your treatment programme.
Quality and Regulation
You can be assured that the treatment you receive at Priory Hospital Roehampton is of the highest standards. This is because we’re regularly monitored by our independent regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and benchmarked against the National Service Framework.
We are also able to provide world class outpatient treatment for mental health conditions, addictions and eating disorders at Wimbledon Park Clinic. This service can be accessed through Priory Hospital Roehampton and is an extension of the mental health treatment that we offer here.
Wimbledon Park Clinic provides:
- Face-to-face, one-to-one therapy, accessed on an outpatient basis
- Treatment for a range of conditions, including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), stress, trauma, eating disorders and addictions
- Tried and tested therapeutic techniques, including CBT, integrative therapy and psychodynamic therapy
- A team of highly qualified therapists, specialised in treating a range of mental health presentations
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Roehampton
At Roehampton, our clinical experts have extensive experience in delivering a range of therapy types, which are offered on an individual basis or as part of a group therapy programme. Individual therapy can be face-to-face or can take place remotely via an online digital platform.
Our therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) in person and remote groups
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Compassion focused therapy (CFT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Equine therapy
- Pets as therapy (PAT) as part of our Young People’s Service
- Art therapy
Our step down treatment programmes include outpatient therapy and day care treatment, which are designed to fit around you. For people who need more intensive, ongoing support, inpatient (residential) treatment with Roehampton can help you recover away from the stresses of the outside world.
We also understand that improving patients’ general sense of wellbeing can help them in their recovery journey. That’s why we also provide a number of wellbeing activities, helping you to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit while you’re with us. These include:
- Relaxation techniques
- Gym sessions in our on-site gym
- Walks in Richmond Park
- Movie nights
Led by a dedicated instructor, Priory Hospital Roehampton has on-site gym facilities, allowing you to improve your physical health alongside your recovery. Below, we outline the importance of exercise for mental health, plus how we incorporate it into treatment plans.
- 98% of patients from the Roehampton acute mental health service stated that they felt safe during their stay
- 97% of patients from the Roehampton acute mental health service stated that when they arrived, staff made them feel welcome
- 95% of patients from the Roehampton Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend
- 99% of patients from the Roehampton Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with respect and dignity during their stay