World class alcohol addiction treatment at Priory Hospital Roehampton
Priory Hospital Roehampton is Priory’s first and most well-known hospital and has been providing expert mental healthcare for over 120 years. Our specialist team in London are able to provide world class treatment and therapy for alcohol addiction.
Alcohol addiction treatment and rehab at Roehampton is based on the 12-Step treatment model, which was founded by the organisation Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). The 12-Step approach combines abstinence, spirituality, and your motivation to change, and provides you will the skills to overcome your alcohol addiction and resume a healthy and fulfilling life. We are also able to provide a seven-day medically managed alcohol detoxification, as well as free aftercare for life.
It is important to know that alcohol addiction is treatable, and that expert alcohol addiction therapy and support are available. Alcohol addiction treatment at Roehampton is collaborative and tailored to your unique needs, resulting in the best possible outcomes for you as an individual.
Free, no-obligation alcohol addiction assessment at Priory Hospital Roehampton
At Roehampton, we offer a free, no-obligation alcohol addiction assessment which provides you with the opportunity to meet with one of our alcohol addiction specialists, talk through a proposed treatment plan, and ask any questions that you might have on the treatment process.
To discuss treatment options and find out how we can support you, please contact a member of our team on: 0800 144 8969. Alternatively, email your enquiry or click here to arrange your free addictions assessment. You can also view our Addiction Treatment Programme brochure.
What is alcohol addiction?
Alcohol addiction, also commonly known as ‘alcoholism’ or ‘alcohol use disorder’, is characterised by excessive alcohol consumption which causes your body to become dependent on alcohol in order to function on a daily basis. Without expert treatment and therapy, alcohol addiction can cause a range of long-term physical and psychological problems, and can even result in death.
What happens during alcohol addiction treatment at Roehampton?
The treatment that is provided at Roehampton is aligned with best practice and the very latest thinking in alcohol addiction therapy. Our comprehensive alcohol addiction treatment programme consists of:
- 7-day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification, to remove all alcohol from your body and manage alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- An abstinence-based treatment model, based on the 12-Step philosophy
- Access to on-site support groups
- Intensive inpatient (residential) treatment programme
- Step-down to an alcohol addiction day care programme if this is deemed as being the best step for you
- Therapy delivered in a number of different formats including:
- Tried and tested therapy types including:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Equine assisted therapy
- Free aftercare for life, ensuring that you receive the support that you need when you leave treatment
You can read more about alcohol addiction treatment on our approach to addiction treatment page.
Book a FREE Confidential Assessment at your Nearest Priory Hospital Today.
- Mental Health Treatment
- Addiction Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Young People’s Services
- Anger Management
- Adjustment Disorder
- Affective Disorders
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Cocaine Addiction
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Panic Attack Treatment
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Plastic Surgery Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Relationship Problems
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Shopping Addiction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Transcultural Mental Health Issues
- Trauma Counselling
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work Addiction