Priory Hospital Ticehurst House is a mental health treatment hospital, providing specialist inpatient support for a range of mental health conditions, including depression and anxiety. We are also able to provide outpatient treatment for addictions and eating disorders, as well as outpatient support for young people.
We are proud to offer evidence-based treatment programmes at Ticehurst House, all of which have been developed by our specialist multidisciplinary team and structured within National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines.
Our Private Mental Health Treatment Service
Residential mental health treatment at Ticehurst House takes place in our Highlands ward, a dedicated 9-bedded ward designed within a character building and nestled in beautiful surroundings. We treat a whole range of mental health conditions, which includes treatment for depression, anxiety, stress, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
As a mental health patient at Ticehurst House, you’ll benefit from:
- A treatment and therapy programme tailored to your needs
- An integrated treatment approach, whereby we work with you to identify the most suitable treatment modality for you
- Intensive group and individual therapy
- Support to help you understand the underlying triggers and causes for your mental health difficulties
- Support with developing coping strategies for the future
- Round-the-clock support
As well as inpatient treatment, we can also deliver outpatient mental health treatment to both adults and young people.
- 80% of patients at Ticehurst House experienced an improvement in their level of anxiety (with a statistically reliable average change score of 5.6) - GAD7
- 76% of patients at Ticehurst House experienced an improvement in their level of depression (with a statistically reliable average change score of 5.5) - PHQ9
Outpatient Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Ticehurst House
At Ticehurst House, our Lodge Therapy Centre provides flexible, specialised outpatient treatment for adults and young people. The Lodge Therapy Centre is located within the tranquil grounds of Ticehurst House, and offers a welcoming sanctuary for you to explore your challenges.
We provide outpatient therapy for addictions, including alcohol addiction and drug addiction, as well as eating disorders. We can also provide outpatient support for young people under the age of 18.
Our outpatient therapy sessions are offered on an individual basis or as part of a group therapy programme and consist of techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR) and person-centred therapy (PCT). We’ll help identify the right therapy for you, giving you access to world-class therapists who can put you on the road to recovery.
At Ticehurst House, The Lodge Therapy Centre offers:
- Rapid and convenient access to treatment
- Direct access into therapy
- A highly skilled multidisciplinary team
- Recovery-focused care which addresses the needs of each individual, centred around evidence-based practice
- A seamless transition to and from inpatient treatment on Highlands ward, offering a step-up or step-down in treatment intensity, as needed
"I have completed the DBT programme at Ticehurst and found it to be hugely beneficial. The expertise and professionalism of my therapist, along with her empathetic approach within my one-to-one sessions has truly enriched my life. The DBT team is outstanding and they truly care.
"Day-by-day, my ability to manage life has improved. My therapist has helped me to find light within a very dark place. To anyone struggling and in need of help… The team at Ticehurst are making such a difference within the lives of so many, including mine.”
- Former patient at Priory Hospital Ticehurst
About Priory Hospital Ticehurst
Founded over 225 years ago, Priory Hospital Ticehurst House is set within 48 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, in a small and tranquil village in East Sussex. Located just outside of Tunbridge Wells, our calm and reflective location allows us to provide a highly therapeutic environment, making us the perfect place for individuals to start their road to recovery.
The hospital provides:
- Modern en-suite bedrooms, complete with a television
- Beautiful private grounds, including landscaped gardens in which our patients are able to relax and unwind
- Comfortable and welcoming therapy and consultation rooms
- Welcoming living areas, including a female-only lounge
- An attractive dining room that looks out over the garden and the East Sussex countryside
- Close proximity to the village of Ticehurst, offering access to local amenities
- Close proximity to the A21 and the town of Wadhurst
- Easy access to Central London and the Home Counties
Quality and Regulation
You can be assured that the treatment that we deliver at Priory Hospital Ticehurst is driven by robust clinical governance and adheres to the highest standards in mental health care.
We are continually monitored by our independent regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), in order to ensure that we are delivering the highest standards of care to each individual that seeks support with us.
How to Find Priory Hospital Ticehurst House
Our address is: Priory Hospital Ticehurst House, Ticehurst, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 7HU.
You can reach us:
We are located just off the A21 in East Sussex. If you enter our postcode into a sat nav, this will bring you to us.
The numbers 231 and 254 bus lines stop near to Priory Hospital Ticehurst House. The nearest bus stop to us is The Bell which is a short walk away.
The closest train stations to us are Stonegate, Etchingham and Wadhurst on the Southeastern Line. All three are a short taxi ride away.
A specialist team of consultants and therapists
Payment Options for Priory Hospital Ticehurst House
NHS services at Priory Hospital Ticehurst House
For further details of career opportunities across our nationwide network of hospitals and wellbeing centres please click here
Inside Priory Hospital Ticehurst House