Priory Hospital Woodbourne, located in a peaceful and picturesque suburb of South West Birmingham, provides expert treatment for a range of addictions, including alcohol addiction treatment, drug addiction treatment and support for behavioural addictions.
Our specialist addictions facility, The Manor Ward, is where our team deliver exceptional levels of treatment and care to our patients. We pride ourselves on placing you at the heart of your recovery journey, empowering you to achieve the best possible outcomes. All treatment is tailored to your individual needs and structured within National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines.
Our Private Addiction Treatment Service
At Priory Hospital Woodbourne, our addiction treatment specialists recognise that all forms of addiction can have a hugely detrimental impact on your psychological and physical health. We deliver high quality treatment for a wide range of substance and behavioural addictions, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, internet, porn and shopping addictions.
Our 28-day residential Addiction Treatment Programme includes:
- Free, no obligation addiction assessment
- 7-10 day medically assisted detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- 1:1 therapy and group therapy
- Access to local 12-Step support groups
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Free family support for 12 months following treatment
All therapy delivered as part of Woodbourne’s Addiction Treatment Programme is consultant-led, with input from our expert team of addiction therapists and support staff. Addiction therapy sessions empower you to explore the underlying causes for your addiction, understand the triggers for your addictive behaviours and learn to manage your cravings and urges. We can also provide support for co-occurring mental health difficulties including depression, anxiety, anger management issues and bereavement.
You don’t have to be defined by your addiction; expert help is available and you’re in safe hands at Priory Hospital Woodbourne.
Therapies Offered at Priory Hospital Woodbourne
We offer a comprehensive range of therapeutic techniques, delivered by highly trained addiction therapists, as part of our inpatient treatment. These take place on a one-to-one basis twice weekly, and as part of a group therapy programme delivered over six days of the week.
Our therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) informed group sessions
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Art therapy
Along with our intensive programme of therapy, we offer:
- Self-esteem, sleep hygiene, healthy living, creative writing, relaxation, fitness and diary groups
- Therapeutic handbooks and activities to be completed during your inpatient stay, to support with embedding therapy
- Psychoeducational advice offered by the multidisciplinary team
In addition, we offer a range of wellbeing activities which allow patients to focus on their mind, body and spirit while they’re with us. These include:
- Group yoga
- Group exercise classes
- Gardening in the grounds
- Seasonal ward activities, frequently arranged by the ward staff
- Menu planning and access to a dietitian if required
- 81% of our Birmingham patients experienced an improvement in their level of anxiety (with a statistically reliable average change score of 5.5) - GAD7
- 82% of our Birmingham patients experienced an improvement in their level of depression (with a statistically reliable average change score of 6.5) - PHQ9
About Priory Hospital Woodbourne
Priory Hospital Woodbourne has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care within a peaceful and homely environment. We offer the perfect setting for you to focus on yourself and your recovery. The Manor Ward comprises a total of nine single-occupancy bedrooms, complete with en-suite facilities as well as a television and telephone, providing the utmost comfort and privacy to our patients.
The hospital also provides:
- Beautiful landscaped garden in which to relax and unwind
- Welcoming living areas
- An on-site restaurant offering an excellent choice of dishes, with catering to suit your dietary requirements
- Very easy access from the regional motorway network, Birmingham Airport and Birmingham New Street train station
In addition, we are located close to a wide range of local amenities for patients to access and enjoy. We believe that providing our patients with access to the local community is an important step in promoting their long-term recovery and independence.
- Cannon Hill Park
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
- Midlands Art Centre (MAC)
- Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum
- Other amenities including art galleries, museums and a library
How to Find Priory Hospital Woodbourne
Our address is: Priory Hospital Woodbourne, 21 Woodbourne Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B17 8BY.
You can reach us:
We are located in Edgbaston in South West Birmingham, just off the A456. If you enter our postcode into a sat nav, this will bring you to us.
The numbers 11A, 11C, 13A, 80, 9 and X10 bus lines stop near to Priory Hospital Woodbourne. The nearest bus stop to us is Gillhurst Rd which is a 3-minute walk away.
The closest train stations to us are Five Ways, University, Smethwick Galton Bridge and The Hawthorns, operated by West Midlands Railway. All four are a short taxi ride away.
- Mental Health Treatment
- Addiction Treatment
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Shopping Addiction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction