A specialist addiction treatment and rehabilitation centre in Woodbourne, Birmingham
Located within a tranquil suburb of South West Birmingham, Priory Hospital Woodbourne is one of the UK’s leading addiction treatment and rehabilitation centres. Our highly qualified specialists have the expertise to deliver evidence-based treatment for a broad range of addictions including alcohol addiction and drug addiction, as well as a series of behavioural addictions including gambling, porn, shopping and internet addictions. We are dedicated to empowering each and every one of our patients to address their challenges, and make a strong and sustainable recovery.
We are still able to offer expert inpatient addiction treatment during this time and many of our addiction services, including our free addiction assessment, are now taking place online or over the phone. For more information on Priory’s approach to addiction treatment during the current COVID-19 outbreak, please access our dedicated page.
We provide an evidence-based programme that is tailored to individual needs, all structured within NICE guidelines. Priory Hospital Woodbourne’s 28-day, residential Addiction Treatment Programme for alcohol, drug and behavioural addictions has been specifically designed to:
- Address any physical symptoms that are associated with your substance addiction, via a medically assisted withdrawal detoxification process. This is the safest and most effective way to detox
- Stabilise your mood
- Improve your physical and psychological health
- Help you to develop an understanding of the triggers for your addiction
- Learn to manage your cravings and urges
- Acquire lifelong coping strategies, enabling discharge and long-term recovery
The Addiction Treatment Programme at Woodbourne is based on the renowned 12-Step addiction treatment model. The 12-Step philosophy is an abstinence based programme, originally pioneered by the organisation Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). The programme focuses on combining an individual’s spirituality with their motivation to recover, and is used worldwide to treat a range of substance and behavioural addictions.
Without timely and professional support, substance and behavioural addictions have the potential to become gradually worse over time, and can have a profoundly detrimental impact on your health, wellbeing and quality of life. However, it’s important to understand that these complex conditions are treatable, and you don’t have to struggle on your own; seeking help for your addiction is the most crucial step that you can take towards regaining control of your life. At Woodbourne, you will benefit from bespoke addiction treatment, and we ensure that you are placed at the heart of your rehabilitation journey and are involved in all decisions that are made about your care, in order to address your unique concerns and foster the most positive outcomes for you as an individual.
Free, no-obligation addictions assessment at Priory Hospital Woodbourne, Birmingham
At Woodbourne, we understand that seeking help for your addiction can be overwhelming, which is why we are committed to making this process as straightforward and as comfortable as possible. We are pleased to offer a free, no-obligation addiction assessment, to provide an opportunity for you to discuss your concerns in a discreet and confidential manner, prior to starting treatment. Woodbourne’s addiction assessment has been designed to allow you to:
- Meet face to face with a member of our exceptional addiction treatment team, organised for a time that is convenient for you
- Discuss your unique addiction, symptoms and the challenges that you are facing
- Begin to identify the potential causes and underlying triggers for your addictive behaviours
- Explore the impact that your addiction is having on your life, and the lives of those who are closest to you
- Discuss your proposed addiction treatment plan, which will be individually tailored according to your unique requirements
- Ask any questions that you may have on Woodbourne’s Addiction Treatment Programme and the addiction rehabilitation process
- Take a look around our beautiful hospital site and meet our expert team
Ultimately, the aim of your free addiction assessment is to put your mind at ease, and help you to develop an understanding of the journey that you will be taking towards the healthy, fulfilling, and addiction-free life that you deserve.
To find out how we can support you to achieve lifelong recovery from your addiction, contact a member of our expert team today on 0800 840 3219. Alternatively, you can email your enquiry or click here to arrange your free addictions assessment. You can also view our dedicated Addiction Treatment Programme brochure.
Free aftercare for 12 months
Aftercare is integral to Woodbourne’s Addiction Treatment Programme, and we provide free aftercare for 12 months following completion of the 28-day programme. Our comprehensive aftercare offering ensures that you are provided with the support that you need when you leave treatment, including access to 12-Step fellowship groups such as AA and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), and a personalised continuing care plan.
Crisis care at Priory
Priory’s customer service team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure that those in crisis can be signposted to the best possible support, as quickly as possible. The specialist teams at our residential facilities can help to stabilise those in need of immediate assistance, including providing access to medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, where required. Call us today on 0800 840 3219.