Specialist outpatient addiction treatment in Oxford
Conveniently located in Oxford city centre, and based on the top floor of a bright, airy and private building, Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford is a specialist mental health treatment facility, offering easy access to outpatient treatment for a range of conditions, including addictions. With flexible appointments available, and the option to attend evening or weekend appointments, we enable even the busiest of people to access the support that they need.
Our dedicated team at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford possess extensive clinical experience and are able to deliver a broad range of therapeutic interventions to help you to overcome your addiction and take steps towards recovery:
- We offer evidence-based outpatient therapy to treat a range of addictions such as alcohol and drug addictions, as well as a whole host of behavioural addictions such as gambling, love and sex, shopping, and internet addictions.
- We ensure that all of our treatment is individually tailored to your unique needs and requirements, in order to produce the most positive post-treatment outcomes for you as an individual.
- If it is deemed that you need more intensive or specialist support for your addiction, we have close clinical links with Priory Hospital Woking, Priory Hospital Bristol and Priory Hospital Woodbourne, meaning that we can facilitate a seamless transition to comprehensive inpatient treatment or day care, if this is required.
Our treatment experts at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford understand that substance and behavioural addictions can have a detrimental impact on all areas of your life, health and wellbeing, as well as your ability to function on a daily basis. However, with specialist therapy, addictions can become manageable, and seeking support is the most important step that you can take. Our addiction experts in Oxford are committed to delivering established outpatient treatment within a supportive, therapeutic and non-judgemental environment, helping you to tackle your addiction and take steps towards a sustainable recovery.
What addictions are treated at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford?
We are able to provide personalised outpatient treatment for a wide range of substance and behavioural addictions, including:
Alcohol addiction, also known as ‘alcohol use disorder’ or ‘alcoholism’, is characterised by individuals drinking alcohol in an excessive and repeated manner, until they become dependent upon having a drink in order to function effectively. Without timely intervention, alcohol addiction can cause a wide range of devastating physical and psychological problems and can even be fatal.
Drug addiction develops as a result of an individual repeatedly consuming drugs until they develop a physical and psychological dependence on the substance in question. It is possible to become addicted to a wide range of drugs, including legal prescription drugs, or substances such as cocaine or ecstasy/MDMA.
Other behavioural addictions that we are able to treat at Oxford include:
- Gambling addiction
- Love and sex addiction
- Shopping addiction
- Internet addiction
- Porn addiction
- Gaming addiction
- Exercise addiction
- Food addiction
- Plastic surgery addiction
- Work addiction
Outpatient therapy packages
We are also able to offer a tailored outpatient therapy package at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford which has been specifically designed to tackle alcohol addiction. In order to allow peace of mind, our therapy package offers a set amount of one-to-one therapy sessions, certainty of price for initial treatment, discounted rates and a personalised treatment plan.
Our outpatient therapy package for alcohol addiction consists of 12 one-to-one therapy sessions with our addiction experts, which is the number of sessions that are recommended according to national guidelines. A further discount is also available for any additional therapy sessions that you may require following your initial treatment package. More information on the treatment and package price can be found by accessing our alcohol use disorder outpatient therapy package leaflet.
Outpatient addiction treatment delivered by an expert team
Outpatient addiction treatment in Oxford is developed and delivered by our highly skilled team, all of whom possess a wealth of experience in delivering specialist addiction therapy. We understand that taking the first step towards receiving support for your addiction can be overwhelming, but our team’s depth of knowledge and expertise ensures that you are in best hands.
What happens during outpatient addiction treatment at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford?
We deliver a wide range of tried and tested treatment approaches at Priory Wellbeing Centre Oxford, all of which are evidence-based and recovery-focused. We offer:
- Flexible outpatient therapy
- Therapy delivered in a number of different formats including:
- 1:1 therapy
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Tried and tested therapeutic techniques including:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
You can read more about addiction treatment on our approach to addiction treatment page.
- Mental Health Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Addiction Treatment
- Young People’s Services
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cannabis Addiction
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Cocaine Addiction
- Conduct Disorder
- Drug Induced Psychosis
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Ketamine Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Plastic Surgery Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Shopping Addiction
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Stimulant Addiction
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work Addiction