Acute Inpatient Services
Priory has a nationwide network of acute services for the NHS, offering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week assistance in times of emergencies, to support individuals whenever needed. Our hospitals offer comfortable and caring environments for a wide range of patients.
- Priory works closely with provider trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to achieve minimum lengths of stay
- We provide an extension to NHS acute services during times of fluctuating demand
- We work collaboratively with discharge teams to ensure a smooth transition back into community services, or to an individual’s home where possible
- Opportunities for patients to attend ward rounds are provided, enabling patients to discuss their care with the multidisciplinary team
- We have the capability across our network to support a full care pathway, enabling patients to step up into psychiatric intensive care units (PICU) or Secure Services or step down into rehabilitation services, where community services or a return home is not appropriate
Who do we support?
Priory supports positive progression towards recovery for the following patients:
- Individuals with a range of mental health conditions
- Those showing risk of violence and aggression
- Those at risk of suicide
- Informal patients or those sectioned under the Mental Health Act
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on