We host events at our various hospitals across the country, information on our upcoming events can be found below, including details on topics, speakers, times and how to register your place for an upcoming event.
Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal
Topic: New personality disorder service, Fern Unit
Presented by: The Fern Unit team and Dr Caroline Bradley (Medical Director, Northern region)
Date: Thursday 18th October
Priory Burton Park
Topic: Introducing the new Huntington's disease service at Burton Park
- Tracie Huckerby, Hospital Director
- Dr Martine Stoffels, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist
- Danielle Desperles-Hughes, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Angela Hill, Advanced Practice Physiotherapist
- Robena Dhadda, Speech and Language Therapist
Date: Thursday 22nd November
Priory Highbank Centre
Topic: Dilemmas in the management of complex brain injury
Priory Highbank Centre and Mitchell Irwin Solicitors
- Mathieu Culverhouse, Senior Associate Solicitor, Public Law and Human Rights, Irwin Mitchell Solicitors – ‘The legal aspects of the new guidelines on withdrawal of clinically assisted nutrition and hydration'
- Dr Krystyna Walton, Consultant in Neurorehabilitation, Salford Royal Foundation Trust and Priory Highbank Centre – 'Current guidance on provision of clinically assisted nutrition and hydration in patients in prolonged disorders of consciousness'
- Dr Andrew Bentley, Clinical Lead, Long Term Ventilation Service, Manchester University Foundation Trust – 'Dilemmas faced in provision of long term ventilation in severely brain injured patients'
- Professor Celia Kitzinger, Co-Director of the Coma and Disorders of Consciousness Research Centre – ‘Best interest decision making about life sustaining treatments'
Date: Thursday 29th November
Priory Grafton Manor
Topic: Join us for our educational day exploring – 'A person-centred approach in neurorehabilitation'
- Dr Martine Stoffels, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist, Burton Park
- Dr Debashish Purkayastha, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist, Grafton Manor
- Kate Beasley, Occupational Therapist, Elm Park
- Suzanne Barnard, Director of Clinical Services, Grafton Manor, and Luke Fowkes-Goodwin, Practice Development Nurse, Burton Park
- Nikos Fotakakis, Physiotherapist, Burton Park
- Sheena Howell, Speech and Language Therapist, Grafton Manor
- Dr Sirous Mobini, Consultant Neuropychologist, Grafton Manor and Elm Park
- The daughter of one of our patients will share her experiences
Date: Tuesday 4th December
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0808 256 8703. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form