Ayr Clinic is a low secure hospital for males and females with mental illness and/or personality disorders, located in the coastal town of Ayr in West Central Scotland.
Our low secure service is spread over three wards, comprising of:
- 12-bedded male admissions unit
- 12-bedded female admissions unit
- 12-bedded mixed gender rehabilitation unit
Ayr Clinic also offers specialised step-down facilities to enable patients to continue their recovery journey, maintain good mental health, and promote social inclusion and skills for a sustainable discharge into community living.
Our step-down facilities comprise of:
- 8-bedded community house – The Gatehouse
- 10-bedded community house – Lochlea
Patients at this hospital could also go on to benefit from our specialist secure services care pathway. Priory Suttons Manor provides support for older, more vulnerable patients, who may require a slower paced environment and more specialist care. Located North East of London, Suttons Manor provides longer-term nursing support and maintenance therapy and incorporates both physical and mental health needs.
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
We provide high levels of therapeutic care that is underpinned by evidence-based knowledge, delivered by a highly experienced team. Our individualised and group treatment programmes have clearly defined goals and outcomes for our patient group.
Treatment is offered in a safe and positive environment where patients develop their skills for independence, self-confidence and knowledge of how to manage their mental health and wellbeing. We work collaboratively with the residents to empower them, using recovery and person-centred approaches.
Our treatment programmes focus on therapies including:
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Programme
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) informed input
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) informed interventions
- Emotional regulation
- Self-harming reduction and management
- Trauma, grief and loss counselling
- Anger and anxiety management
- Problem solving skills and relapse prevention
- Life and social skills
We view patients as part of our team, working together to build the confidence and skills to re-join a meaningful place in the community.
We also provide real work opportunities (RWOs) and this programme replicates the demands of work and develops employment skills such as responsibility, following structured work times and duties, people skills and personal presentation.
We believe that the environment in which treatment takes place, is as important as the therapy itself. We provide:
- A safe and homely environment
- En-suite bedrooms for each resident
- Communal therapeutic and leisure areas for residents
- A therapeutic kitchen for residents
- Close access to the local community
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on