Ayr Clinic is a low secure hospital for males and females with mental illness and/or personality disorders, located in the coastal town of Ayr in West Central Scotland.
Our low secure service is spread over three wards, comprising of:
- 12-bedded male admissions unit
- 12-bedded female admissions unit
- 12-bedded mixed gender rehabilitation unit
Ayr Clinic also offers specialised step-down facilities to enable patients to continue their recovery journey, maintain good mental health, and promote social inclusion and skills for a sustainable discharge into community living.
Our step-down facilities comprise of:
- 8-bedded community house – The Gatehouse
- 10-bedded community house – Lochlea
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on