Burston House provides Low Secure care and specialised treatment for adults aged 18 years and older with a learning disability. Patients may also have other associated conditions including personality disorders, mental illnesses and autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs).
This service is part of a care pathway in Norfolk and Suffolk, which together has a total of 97 beds in four linked specialised hospitals/units. They provide therapeutic security at different levels including:
- St John's House, Bure Ward - 11 beds (female only)
- St John's House, Waveney Ward - 6 beds (female only)
- Burston House, Kestrel Ward, Rectory Ward and Eagle Ward - 31 beds (male only)
- St John’s House, Walsham Ward – 16 beds (male only)
- St John’s House, Redgrave Ward – 16 beds (female only)
Community locked rehabilitation
- Lombard House - 9 beds (male only)
- Richmond House - 8 beds (female only)
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
The strength of this service lies in the quality of the comprehensive assessment, treatment and care that we provide.
Our treatment programme includes:
- Assessment and motivational work
- Offence-specific support
- Personality disorder symptom reduction
- Relapse prevention
- Preparation for discharge and follow-up care
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on