Devon House provides leading person-centred neurorehabilitation programmes for people with an acquired brain injury (ABI) and physical health problems in a safe, stimulating and homely environment.
Devon House is suitable for males and females over the age of 18, and suits individuals that have reached the point in their care pathway where they need longer-term support and maintenance therapy. Our aim is to help them to improve their daily living skills and move on to more independent living.
We support individuals to develop their personal care skills and gain greater independence through increased social access and community living.
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Devon House employ and use a comprehensive and highly skilled team who are experienced in supporting individuals with a neurodisability. The team provides 24-hour qualified nursing support with on-site nursing management and a fully trained team of support staff providing a minimum staff-to-patient ratio of 1:2.
We work in close partnership with other professionals to ensure consistency of care and safeguarding. These include:
- Speech and language therapists (SaLTs)
- Occupational therapists
- Diabetes and epilepsy specialists
An environment suited to recovery
Our facilities are designed to support those individuals who can benefit from nursing rehabilitation, and those who require longer-term maintenance therapy. This includes individuals with high physical dependency and complex health needs.
The service provides:
- 11 modern bedrooms which have high-quality furniture and fittings, and each room can be personalised
- Each room has an en–suite with an accessible wet room with a shower, toilet and sink
- All bedrooms are large, light and airy and large enough to have wheelchairs, specially designed beds, hoists and mobility aids
- A communal bathroom on the ground floor that is able to accommodate specialist equipment for people with physical disabilities
- Fully-equipped wheelchair accessible kitchen with adjustable countertops
- Communal areas including a lounge and dining room
- Spacious garden with patio area
- Weekly activities in the community and daily on-site activities personalised to each resident
- A fully adapted vehicle to provide access to community facilities
- Tablet computers with access to communication tools, supporting residents to communicate their needs
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on