Priory Elm Park located in Essex, is a specialist brain injury service which focuses on providing neurobehavioural rehabilitation for people with complex neurological needs, following an acquired brain injury (ABI), or traumatic brain injury (TBI). This includes the assessment as well as treatment of all individuals.
We provide neuro rehabilitation for detained and non-detained people, with an aim of reducing challenging behaviour, optimising functional skills and supporting a successful and sustainable discharge back into the community.
Inpatient rehabilitation hospital
Elm Park is a 17-bedded intensive rehabilitation brain injury service for males. It boasts a full range of on-site facilities including en-suite rooms, rehabilitation kitchen, extensive grounds, gym, football pitch, woodland walks and activity rooms.
Priory Elm Cottage and Elm House, our brain injury step-down, community rehabilitation services, have now closed. For more information about alternative services, please visit our Priory Adult Care website. Please note that Priory Elm Park will continue to operate as normal. For further information, please call 0808 090 1356.
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Our specialist rehabilitation therapy programme is delivered in individual and group sessions. The intensive programme focuses on ensuring successful engagement in a wide range of therapeutic programmes aimed at:
- Stabilising behaviour
- Improving physical health needs
- Re-developing life skills to support independent living
- Real work skills and education to support work and recreational engagement in a wide range of activities
- Successful socialisation in the community
- Successful and timely discharge back home or to a long term supported living placement
Using a neurobehavioural model, we provide individualised rehabilitation programmes focused on evidence-based treatments, which include:
- Risk management
- Positive behaviour support plan
- Psychiatric interventions
- Cognitive strategies and compensatory aids
- Functional skills
- Speech, language and communication skills
- Physical health management plans
- Standardised assessment measures
- Physical health including working towards healthy eating, fitness plans and male health clinics
- 'My Shared Pathway' health plan to keep a record of all your health needs
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form