Located in spacious grounds just outside Bury, Lancashire, Priory Highbank Centre offers excellent care and support allowing the greatest opportunity for patients to regain their maximum capabilities.
Our two main services (Brain Injury and Rehabilitation and Recovery) are split across four wards:
- Walmersley Unit – 19-bedded neurorehabilitation service for patients aged 16 years and over
- Lynne House – 5-bedded children's unit for those aged 0 -17 years
- Elton Unit – 28-bedded specialist adult care home for patients aged 18 years and over with complex neurodisability
- Robinson House –10-bedded cognitive care services for adult males
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) reports
Why choose Priory Highbank Centre?
The hospital offers a range of facilities, services and expertise encompassing:
- High competency in the management of Prolonged Disorders of Consciousness (PDOC)
- Highly skilled staff in the assessment and in the respiratory management of the neurologically impaired patient
- Provision for the management of male patients with severe and enduring mental illness and complex physical health care
Our dedicated teams use their knowledge and expertise in order to work with the individual to maximise independence and increase the quality of their life.
Priory Highbank Centre is a member of the INPA:
Referrals and admission
Referrals can be made by any health or social services professional. Funding may be provided by the commissioning support unit (CSU) and clinical commissioning groups, social services, solicitors and the individual.
For enquiries regarding referrals and admissions, for more information about our services or to arrange a visit to the unit, please contact: 01706 829 540 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on