Priory Hospital Blandford
Priory Hospital Blandford, located in Dorset, is a specialist tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), dedicated to supporting young people aged 12 to 18 who have a diagnosis of learning disabilities or autism, along with a co-occurring mental illness.
The hospital is a mixed gender, 12-bedded service with an Ofsted-registered school, which supports the young people with educational attainment.
We aim to provide young people with the best care and support possible, in the least restrictive way, adhering to the values and principles of positive behaviour support (PBS).
Our CAMHS learning disability offering aims to provide the young people in our care with:
- Expert, individualised care in a safe and highly supportive setting
- Clear, effective treatment pathways with planned discharge goals from the point of admission
- A Care Programme Approach (CPA) that fully involves the patient and their families/carers
- Strong links with educational and community agencies, enabling patients to maximise their life opportunities
- Outcome-driven and evidence-based interventions and care plans, flexible to individuals’ needs
- Access to a wide range of psychological therapies
- A highly-skilled multidisciplinary team
- High staffing ratios
Our teams work closely and collaboratively with referrers and commissioners and this multi-agency approach helps with the transition out of the service.
The recently refurbished grounds and facilities that we offer at Priory Hospital Blandford have been specifically designed to provide a supportive and safe environment for our young patients. The building comprises:
- Single-occupancy, en-suite bedrooms
- Separate facilities for male and female patients
- Anti-ligature features
- 2 well-equipped communal lounges
- 2 activities of daily living kitchens
- 2 activity rooms
- Communal dining room
- Physical health clinic
- Enhanced care area featuring a bedroom, self-soothe room and lounge
- Family room
- Multi-faith room
- Quiet room
- On-site catering for individuals with specific dietary needs
- Access to a full gym membership and weekly community outings
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form