Set within landscaped gardens in Cheshire, Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal (close to Manchester) offers a range of comprehensive inpatient mental health services for young people and adults, in a safe and supportive environment.
The services at Cheadle Royal include:
- Acute mental health service -29-bedded service for males and females suffering from acute mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia and personality disorders
- Psychiatric intensive care units (PICUs) -30-bedded service for males and females suffering from an acute phase of severe mental illness, which cannot be managed in an open setting
- Child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS) - 35-bedded service for young people in need of intensive CAMHS support
- Rehabilitation and recovery service -17-bedded service for males requiring rehabilitation and recovery services for severe and enduring mental health problems. Women requiring rehabilitation and recovery services are supported by our sister provision at Priory Hospital Romiley
- Eating disorder service -11-bedded service for males and females diagnosed with a severe eating disorder
- Personality disorder service - 10-bedded ward for females presenting with emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD), offering a full dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) programme
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Our expert team at Cheadle Royal are dedicated to providing innovative, high-quality treatment for patients with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community. All services are delivered in partnership with the NHS and structured cost frameworks are provided for commissioners and referring healthcare professionals.
At Cheadle Royal, we offer:
- Expert, individualised care in a safe and supported environment
- Inter-linked care services within one hospital site
- The ability for patients to transition between services as appropriate
- Clear, effective pathways including assessment stabilisation, rehabilitation and recovery
- A Care Programme Approach (CPA) that fully involves the service user and their families/carers
- Strong links with educational, vocational and community agencies, enabling patients to maximise their life opportunities
Referrals and admissions
We accept referrals from a wide variety of public sector organisations throughout the UK, including:
- Special hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Medium secure units (MSUs)
- Strategic health authority (SHA) forensic lead commissioners
- Social services
- NHS Mental Health Trusts
All patients are made aware of hospital procedures, regulations and restrictions, and should agree to abide by them via a written contract prior to admission.
We are able to accept emergency referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Urgent or out-of-hours appointments and admissions can be arranged immediately by telephoning the hospital directly. For further information please contact the admissions office on: 0161 428 9511 during office hours, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are just some of the key outcomes that the hospital focuses on:
- Moving patients onto a lower level of security, supported by the service's care pathways, promoting least restrictive practice
- Reintegration of patients into the community through a supportive and recovery-based model of care
- Working in partnership with patients, carers and commissioners to actively manage length of stay
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
If you are from the NHS and would like to make an Acute Mental Health, PICU, CAMHS or Eating Disorder referral, please call our 24 hour Customer Service Centre on