Church Village is a rehabilitation and recovery service for adult females with a mild to moderate learning disability, who may also have a borderline personality disorder and associated mental health problems.
Situated in Tonteg near Pontypridd in South Wales, we are in an ideal location for providing a safe and welcoming environment for patients to work towards a life outside of the hospital.
We are experienced in treating patients with learning disabilities and other mental health conditions. We adopt a specialist approach with each individual, ensuring that we offer not only the best clinical care, but also a wide range of therapies.
We believe engaged patients have a better rate of recovery to return back into the community and as such, we offer our patients the opportunity to attend various activities that take place in the local community, as well as educational or work programmes. The unit is fortunate to have close links with the local adult learning centre and we run on-site activities.
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
- We have a collaborative approach to risk management and encourage patients to take supported positive risks in line with their rehabilitation goals and with regard to their mental health and wellbeing
- Patients are supported to co-design their individual therapeutic programme as well as participating in the recreational activities of the hospital
- We encourage patient leadership and participation in our service development through a monthly ‘Your Voice’ forum
- We have a successful feedback loop where patients and carers provide their views on improvement and we seek solutions together
Church Village is made up of 10 en-suite bedrooms along with a self-contained, two-bedroom bungalow available for patients preparing to step down.
The site also benefits from:
- A purpose-built therapy suite
- Occupational therapy kitchen
- Art room
- Group room
- A quiet lounge
- A large secure garden
We are within easy access of the M4 and M5, supporting referrals from across the country, and within easy walking distance of local shops and amenities and easy access to the city of Cardiff.
Learning Disability and Autism Programme (LDAP)
As a specialist rehabilitation and recovery service, Priory Avalon also supports the LDAP Agenda. To learn more, please click here to read our full Learning Disability and Autism Programme (LDAP) guide.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on