RH4 2RA View on Google Maps
Priory Hospital Dorking provides an 18-bedded, acute mental health service along with a 3-bedded step-down, community focused ward. We support males of working age, experiencing an acute mental health episode, providing the necessary levels of care required during crises.
The focus of our service is to stabilise and support patients on a pathway to community discharge as soon as possible, with the appropriate aftercare in place.
- Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day
- We have specialist expertise in acute conditions
- We work towards discharge from day one of admission
- We provide weekly ward rounds and meetings outside this time, for professionals to meet the team
- 7-day follow-ups are available for all discharged patients
- Our full multidisciplinary team (MDT) provides occupational therapy reports, medical reports and psychological assessments
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Our clinical programmes focus on crisis support, for a smooth transition back to the community, or to an ongoing therapeutic pathway. We offer programmes that are specifically focused on minimising the risk to self and others and building skills for a safe and supported discharge.
As part of their treatment programme, patients are supported and encouraged to utilise community facilities. However, on-site, patients have access to the following:
- Supervised gym classes
- Rehabilitation kitchen
- Pool and tennis tables
- Arts and crafts
- Internet café and Skype facilities
- Relaxation and therapy rooms
- Outdoor and indoor leisure areas
- Zumba classes
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on