Priory Hospital East Midlands is adding a female acute service offering to its portfolio from November 2019. This will be in addition to the existing female low secure and psychiatric intensive care units - creating a full pathway on one site.
Priory Hospital East Midlands is comprised of:
- Harris Ward - a low secure continuing care ward for females
- Littlemore Ward - female psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Barton Ward - an acute ward for females with a broad range of mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia and personality disorders
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Patients are offered a wide range of vocational and educational opportunities at this hospital and a varied timetable which includes their choice of therapeutic and meaningful activities to suit individual needs and interests.
The occupational therapy programmes focus on promoting independence in the community and the development of day-to-day living skills.
- Individual cooking practice
- Creative writing
- Breakfast club
- Social club
- Occupational therapy drop-in groups for patients who may wish to discuss any issues with their allocated occupational therapist
- Community dog walking
- Vocational card craft
- Aqua aerobics
- Healthy living
- Vocational knitting
We believe that the environment in which treatment takes place, is as important as the therapy itself. East Midlands provides:
- On-site gym including fitness equipment
- Computer room
- Gardens within secure grounds
- Tennis court
- Rehabilitation kitchens, on and off the wards
- Multi-functional rooms for arts and crafts
- 2 therapy rooms
- Access to the community in local small towns with a good bus link
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
If you are from the NHS and would like to make a PICU referral, please call our 24 hour Customer Service Centre on