Priory Hospital Hemel Hempstead is a 38-bedded rehabilitation and recovery service, which offers a safe and supportive complex care facility for male and female patients with enduring mental health problems.
Located in Hertfordshire, our aim is to work collaboratively with our patients to provide the best quality of care, improve the quality of their lives and help them achieve the highest level of independence and dignity.
Split across three gender-specific wards, we embrace patients' needs using a holistic, person-centred approach:
- Robin – 12-bedded female rehabilitation ward
- Dove – 15-bedded male rehabilitation ward
- Wren – 11-bedded ward for older male adults
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Robin and Dove Wards
Our first priority is to ensure that our patients enjoy the same right to a happy and fulfilled life as anyone else. Through a recovery approach, we support our patients to achieve their personal best by developing skills that will support social inclusion, making their own choices and achieving optimum independence and quality of life.
Understanding the functions of an individual’s behaviour and how they see the world is essential when supporting patients’ personal development. We focus on positive strategies encompassing care, compassion, courage, competency, commitment, and communication, when making a difference in dementia/degenerative brain disorders.
- Within 24 hours of receiving a referral, the multidisciplinary team will undertake a free clinical assessment
- Care Programme Approach (CPA) reviews takes place 3 months following admission and every 3 months thereafter
- Our team formulates care and treatment plans with patients, working to identify and address their needs
- We provide comprehensive and regular risk assessments
- Occupational therapy-led integration programmes actively encourage community engagement
- Education, vocational recreation and involvement with local support groups are offered
- Occupational therapy assistants and a full-time driver facilitate regular, easy access to the community
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on