Westfield View is a community house located very close to Priory Hospital Market Weighton. It provides transitional accommodation for male patients who no longer require hospital level care, yet continue to experience severe and enduring mental illness or a learning disability, and present a level of risk that requires fully supported and staffed accommodation.
The house provides an integrated step-down service from hospital care as patients are able to access and receive the support of Market Weighton’s multidisciplinary team, ensuring that therapeutic relationships are maintained and that continuity of care is received.
Our aim is to provide a recovery-focused service promoting and facilitating the maintenance and development of functional skills, social inclusion and independence.
- Accommodation for 3 male patients
- A formulation of support and risk plans in collaboration with the patients
- Support and facilitation of food shopping, budgeting, meal planning sessions, group and individual cooking sessions and household cleaning
- Access to community groups and voluntary work placements
- Occupational therapy programmes to build structure and routine and help the patient to maintain optimum functioning
Everyone is actively supported to care for themselves, do their own cooking and housekeeping where possible, and manage their own medication. Individuals are also supported to go out shopping, use local transport and community services.
Who do we support?
- Males aged 18 or over
- Admitted informally or under community treatment orders
- Patients with complex needs and severe and enduring mental illness
- Patients with a learning disability
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on