Priory Hospital North London - NHS Services
Located in a secluded part of Southgate, Priory Hospital North London specialises in providing expert treatment for a number of mental health conditions. In partnership with the NHS, we offer a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), as well as care and support for patients who suffer from obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD) and body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Our CAMHS provision at North London is made of two wards:
- Birch Ward – 13 beds
- Oak Ward – 9 beds
Our approach to CAMHS treatment
We offer a holistic approach to supporting young people in our care and we aim to help individuals in all aspects of their lives, including emotional aspects, family aspects, school, social life and leisure, relaxation and sport.
We also take the physical health of young people seriously and monitor their physical health weekly, providing intervention or support where needed.
Our dedicated multidisciplinary team carry out specialist assessments upon admission, which involve:
- Mental state assessment
- Developmental history
- Psychiatric assessment
- Psychological assessment
- Family assessment
- Sensory assessment
- Occupational therapy assessment
- Educational assessment
- Other specialist assessments such as autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and cognitive behaviour
We offer the following treatments for our young people:
- Group and individual dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Trauma focused therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Art therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Sensory integration
- Exposure therapy
- Skills based trainings
- Educational support
- Life skills training
- Family therapy
- Medication where indicated
Specialist service for OCD and BDD treatment
Both adults and adolescents with OCD or BDD can be admitted to our inpatient service if their condition is too severe for outpatient treatment, or to help assist with geographical limitations.
The programme is designed to maximise understanding of these mental health conditions and to promote engagement in the early stages of treatment.
- Up to 3 individual sessions of CBT with their key therapist
- Group CBT sessions which are specific to OCD or BDD, including compassion-focused approaches
- Regular monitoring of progress, which is used to audit outcomes
- Complementary groups from the general psychology programme
- Weekly reviews and meetings
- 24/7 nursing support and access to ward doctor
Therapy may be combined with medication such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), clomipramine or augmentation to help support CBT and develop more positive outcomes.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form