Priory Hospital Ticehurst House - NHS Services
Priory Hospital Ticehurst House stands within 48 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens in a small village in East Sussex. The safe and supportive environment offers a comprehensive inpatient, specialist mental health service for young people and adults.
We are dedicated to providing innovative, high-quality care and treatment for patients with acute mental health needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement within the community. Care is delivered in partnership with the NHS across the following areas:
- Adult acute mental health
- Child and adolescent mental health (CAMHS)
- We offer high quality, individualised and recovery-focused care in a safe and supportive environment
- We enable patients to maximise their life opportunities
- Clear, effective pathways, including assessment, stabilisation, and recovery are provided
- We provide a Care Programme Approach (CPA) that fully involves the individual and their family, carers and community services
- Patients benefit from a strong multidisciplinary team who also focus on education for young people
Adult acute service
This service has two wards and is designed to accept NHS overspill emergency admissions any time of the day or night in order to respond to people’s needs in a time of crisis:
- Newington Court 1 – female adult acute unit
- Garden Court – male adult acute unit
Priory Hospital Ticehurst House works collaboratively with the discharge teams to ensure a smooth transition back into existing community services, or to an individual’s home were possible.
Our specialist team aims to restore our patients’ quality of life by providing the therapeutic techniques and coping strategies that are most appropriate.
For more information on this service, please view our dedicated page here.
Child and adolescent mental health (CAMHS)
Priory Hospital Ticehurst House offers highly specialist and comprehensive inpatient assessments and mental health treatment for young people aged between 13 and 18 years with a broad range of presentations, including severe, high risk and complex mental health difficulties.
The service consists of a:
- Upper Court - tier 4 general acute unit
- Keystone Ward - CAMHS psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) - Opening April
- OFSTED registered day school
All units provide a 24/7 service and there is full time medical cover onsite. We offer emergency and crisis admissions and can accept both informal and detained patients.
For more information on this service, please read our CAMHS page, which includes more detail on each unit and who is best suited to be treated here.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on