Priory Hospital Ticehurst House stands within 48 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens in a small village in East Sussex. The safe and supportive environment offers a comprehensive inpatient, specialist mental health service for young people and adults.
We are dedicated to providing innovative, high-quality care and treatment for patients with acute mental health needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement within the community. Care is delivered in partnership with the NHS across adult acute mental health.
We also provide a private service where funding can be accessed via private medical insurance, or individuals can self-pay. For more information, please visit Priory Hospital Ticehurst House dedicated to private treatment.
- We offer high quality, individualised and recovery-focused care in a safe and supportive environment
- We enable patients to maximise their life opportunities
- We provide clear, effective pathways, including assessment, stabilisation and recovery
- We provide a Care Programme Approach (CPA) that fully involves the individual and their family, carers and community services
- Patients benefit from a strong multidisciplinary team
This service has two wards and is designed to accept NHS overspill emergency admissions any time of the day or night in order to respond to people’s needs in a time of crisis:
- Newington Court – female adult acute unit
- Garden Court – male adult acute unit
We work collaboratively with the discharge teams to ensure a smooth transition back into existing community services, or to an individual’s home were possible.
Our specialist team aims to restore our patients’ quality of life by providing the therapeutic techniques and coping strategies that are most appropriate.
For more information on this service, please view our dedicated page here.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on