Priory Lakeside View cares for males and females with mental health needs in both an acute setting and a locked personality disorder treatment and rehabilitation setting.
Lakeside View’s versatility allows us to manage complex needs in a safe and therapeutic environment, and to support and promote independence.
The hospital has 32 beds comprising of:
- Personality disorder rehabilitation service – 16 beds
- Acute mental health service – 16 beds
Personality disorder service
Our personality disorder service provides care and rehabilitation for females aged between 18 and 35 years. This includes a specific transitional care pathway designed for those aged 18–25 years, transitioning from adolescent to adult services.
We offer dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) to patients with personality disorders. Staff are specially trained to work with people with this mental health condition and our team have completed:
- DBT intensive training
- DBT foundation training
- DBT essential skills training
- Knowledge and Understanding Framework (KUF) training
We include individual therapy, DBT group skills and telephone consultations Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Weekly consultations with DBT therapists are also included.
Our acute service provides dedicated mental health treatment for those aged 18–25 years and males of working age, across two separate buildings, separated by gender.
Our aim is to:
- Act as an extension to NHS care pathways during times of fluctuating capacity and flow
- Allow more people to receive care and treatment closer to home
- Provide continuity of care
- Allow for minimum disruption to patients and their loved ones
We provide individualised programmes that offer structured treatment, balanced with building life skills and preparation for adult education, work opportunities and, where appropriate, transition into adulthood. Our other treatment programmes, dependent on the patient group and their needs, focus on, but are not limited to:
- Self-harm reduction
- Relapse prevention
- Self-esteem and confidence building
- Motivation and self-management
- Skills development for independent living
- Physical healthcare
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on