RG27 8BS View on Google Maps
Mildmay Oaks is a low secure and specialist learning disability rehabilitation service for males and females who may also have an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). Our full care pathway includes the following facilities:
- Low secure, learning disability and autism service - 14 male beds
- High dependency rehabilitation, learning disability and autism - 10 female beds, and 16 male beds split across 2, 8 bedded wards
- Bespoke therapeutic placements - for adults and young people in need of more bespoke care, with the least restrictive practices possible
We aim to support patients in a range of community-based activities as part of a full treatment programme and to prepare them in moving through their discharge pathway towards a community- based placement.
Mildmay Oaks encourages patients with learning disabilities and ASDs to achieve their potential of safe living in the least restrictive environment.
Patients participate in community group meetings whereby they will agree and plan daily and weekly activities on-site and within the community.
Community activities include:
- Trips to local areas
- Visits to the local village, local café, cinema, theatre and bowling alley
- Community and outreach programmes to attend education providers and placements
- Family care
- Real work opportunities
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
We recognise that the people in our care are part of a wider circle of family, friends and networks which are important to them. We aim to work in partnership with families to ensure that we provide the right service for their relative but also to support them in their own right as carers.
Family carers are encouraged to develop good contact arrangements with the ward manager, social worker and clinical team.
We welcome visitors to Mildmay Oaks and are happy to provide family carer updates via email and phone.
For more information on the services, you can view our service brochures.
We believe that the environment in which our therapy takes place, is just as important as the treatment itself, and we provide:
- Newly refurbished wards
- En-suite bedrooms for each patient
- Lounge areas
- Rehabilitation kitchens
- AstroTurf football pitch
- Patient shop
- Outdoor gym equipment and individually prescribed exercise programmes as part of a healthy living programme
- Horticultural area
- Smoke-free service
Learning Disability and Autism Programme (LDAP)
As a specialist rehabilitation and recovery service, Priory Mildmay Oaks also supports the LDAP Agenda.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on