Priory North London Clinic provides a full care pathway including medium secure and low secure units, and a locked rehabilitation wing. The full multidisciplinary team works with males who have a diagnosis of mental illness and associated challenging behaviours.
Our aim is to support all of patients through our developed care pathway using the recovery approach. Our patients are at the centre of what we do and they co-produce their own treatment plans with us.
We ensure patients receive the best possible experience possible and we enable them to function at their optimum level by providing the skills necessary for greater independence.
Our extensive facilities give patients every opportunity to retain and learn skills which will help them to recover and reintegrate into the community when it is appropriate.
All patients go through the following process:
- Assessed as required
- Medication and risks reviewed
- Psychological assessments take place – cognitive, personality, and projective assessments
One-to-one psychological therapy sessions provide support and counselling so that patients can work collaboratively with their team to address their behaviour and risk and prepare for re-engagement into the community. In addition we offer a range of evidence-based group therapies targeted to address risk-related behaviours and to promote recovery, with approaches informed by:
- Mentalisation-based treatment (MBT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Schema therapy
- Motional interviewing
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
We believe that the environment in which our therapy takes place, is just as important as the treatment itself and we provide:
- Fitness room
- Occupational therapy kitchen
- Games and leisure room
- Courtyard and grounds access for sports and exercise
- Computer suite including Microsoft Works and supervised internet access
- Local transport links including bus services, and links to underground and over-ground rail
- Community resources
The hospital is close to Edmonton town centre and has community resources available to the patients who have leave where appropriate.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
The Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on