Princes Street is a specialist residential home for adults with either a primary diagnosis of mental illness and/or an associated learning disability. The home is ideally located for safe, structured and gradual reintegration into the community, along with good transports links to Cardiff city centre.
The aim of the home is to provide a transition from a more secure environment to a community placement. The support team will work with the individual to enable them to move into either supported living or more independent accommodation.
Princes Street provides a wide range of person-centred activities, both within the home and at external venues. A well-established day care programme is operational, with individuals involved in training for daily living skills including cooking, washing and other domestic chores, arts and crafts and gardening.
Princes Street liaises with families, community organisations, social services departments and purchasing authorities to support person-centred care planning, and ensures that the social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of all individuals are taken into account.
Other elements of the service include:
- Initial assessment which takes place within two working days of a referral being made
- Care planning formulation
- Support with recognising, identifying and achieving goals and ambitions
- Regular planning reviews
- Care and Treatment Planning (CTP) review meetings
- Risk assessments carried out and reviewed on a monthly basis or when required
- Recreational and social activities such as cinema visits, day trips and outings
Quality and safety:
- Registered under the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW)
- Manager registered with Social Care Wales
- Regular audits are carried out to ensure high quality of service is maintained
- Independent advocacy is provided and is accessible on a regular basis
As a specialist rehabilitation and recovery service, Priory Princes Street also supports the Transforming Care Agenda. To learn more, please click here to read our full Transforming Care guide.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on