Stockton Hall is a highly specialised hospital where patients requiring a medium secure care setting can maximise value from therapeutic interventions. Our services have produced excellent recovery results for patients and they are able to progress to low secure or locked rehabilitation if possible.
The hospital is split into seven medium secure wards:
- Males with autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs)
- Males with developmental disorders
- Female ward for mental health and personality disorder
- Age sensitive service for male patients with a settled-in presentation, in need of rehabilitation for mental illness and/or personality disorders
- 3 male wards with a mental health focus
Patients at this hospital could also go on to benefit from our specialist secure services care pathway. Priory Suttons Manor provides support for older, more vulnerable patients, who may require a slower paced environment and more specialist care. Located North East of London, Suttons Manor provides longer-term nursing support and maintenance therapy and incorporates both physical and mental health needs.
Focus on Safety
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. Click here to read more.
Stockton Hall runs a therapeutic programme, to help patients to develop coping strategies, increase skills and resilience and enable patients to access the community to maximise their recovery potential.
Programmes that support patients with mental health and/or personality disorders are focused towards those who:
- Require self-harm reduction
- Need support with violent behaviour
- Present with offence-specific behaviours
Therapeutic sessions include:
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT)
- Offence-specific cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Substance misuse awareness and treatment programme
- Mental health promotion programme
- Managing anger programme
- Radically open dialectical behaviour therapy (RO-DBT)
To learn more about RO-DBT, view our interview with Head of Psychology, Ian Wootton. He discusses this pioneering new therapy and the benefits it is having to patients at Stockton Hall.
We also provide real work opportunities to help patients to develop pre-employment process skills including:
- CV workshops
- Application support
- Interviews with formalised feedback
- Training relevant to the role such as health and safety or manual handling
Real work opportunities include, for example, café manager, shop manager, maintenance worker, gym cleaner and stock ordering.
Our full multidisciplinary clinical team focuses on:
- Engaging patients in therapeutic treatment
- Increasing patients' skill levels
- Promoting independence and community integration to prepare patients for rehabilitation
Patients are also supported to participate in a range of music activities as a group or individually, utilising the music room and recording studio. The aim of the music programme is to increase patient engagement.
We believe that the environment in which our therapy takes place, is just as important as the treatment itself and we provide:
- Gymnasium and sports hall
- Woodwork room
- Rehabilitation kitchens
- Patient-run shop and café
- Music room and recording studio
- Multi-media internet suite
- Education centre
- Activity rooms
- Horticulture activity areas
- Animal care
- Autistic spectrum and learning disability services
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on