Explore this section
Here, you can access information about our latest news and upcoming events at Ty Catrin, as well as important awareness dates.
Latest news and upcoming events
- 18th April – 4th July, 18th July – 3rd October, 17th October – 2nd January (2020) – ‘Can Do’ community volunteering project with Leonard Cheshire Trust. Participants are able to achieve a City & Guilds Award at the end of each 12-week programme. So far, we have done a beach clean-up, made care packages for people experiencing homelessness in Cardiff, and fundraised by holding a car wash event on site
- We are due to launch a pop-up shop for patients to develop and run, with the aim of obtaining an Agored certification in Entry Level 2 Retail Skills. We are currently in the process of developing a partnership agreement with an Agored-registered centre
- We are currently piloting a cake decorating course on our high dependency unit (April-July 2019), but this will be available across site later this year. Participants are learning the art of decorating cakes with a range of icings, tools and techniques. This course is also taught to Agored criteria, with the aim of obtaining certification for participants’ work in the near future
- We are currently piloting a ‘Faberg-ish’ egg craft course, teaching the art of egg craft similar to Faberge eggs. This course has been extended to run until the end of this term. Participants are learning the intricate skills of working with delicate egg shells to create unique masterpieces
- We are currently piloting a hanging baskets course, run either in our beautiful gardens or indoors on rainy days. Participants are learning how to plant 3 types of hanging basket with education about which plants/flowers thrive alongside each other, flower the longest and which keep flies at bay
- Every Wednesday afternoon from April-July 2019, we hold a pop-in event in the piazza. Each week, we have a different focus, and this is an opportunity to discuss other Recovery College course ideas or courses you may wish to attend, as well as learning a new skill and socialising with one another. So far, we have held team quizzes, made Easter bonnets and learnt basic British Sign Language to mark Deaf Awareness Week
For more information on any of our events or latest news, please contact us on 02920 556 300 or send us an email.