Woodland View is a 31-bedded rehabilitation and recovery service for males requiring a positive environment to stabilise the symptoms of mental illness, and develop positive self-management and independent skills for a successful discharge into the community.
The hospital is made up of three separate wards:
- Elkin – 10 en-suite bedrooms led by a medical model with a focus on engagement and individual needs assessments
- Arley – 10 en-suite bedrooms introducing community-facing skills, led by a psychology model offering development of relapse prevention skills and symptom management
- Millison – 11 en-suite bedrooms delivering the opportunity to practice independent living skills, with a focus on engagement outside of the hospital, in order to provide a seamless transition into the community
Woodland View is a place where patients are part of the team. We work together to build the confidence and skills to re-join a meaningful place in the community, or just as often, start afresh.
Our recovery-based approach helps patients learn how to cope with difficulties, gain control of their life and make safe and healthy choices. Patients work closely with the team, their families (where appropriate) and access activities in the community.
The service also focuses on:
- Discharge plans offering clear plans of the pathway to leave the hospital
- Least restrictive practice
- Local community opportunities to build structure, skills and education, leading to self-sufficiency and reduction in risk profile
- Flexibility in delivering a care pathway structured around the needs of the individual, however complex they may be
We want the best for people in our care. We place great importance on outcomes and quality of life. We look at what can be achieved for each person, their abilities, best interests and needs, and work within a positive environment to encourage confidence, bring structure, inclusion and opportunity in life.
- En-suite bedrooms
- Large living spaces
- Purpose-built therapy suite
- Rehabilitation kitchen
- Horticultural areas
- Woodwork workshops
- Outside area for sports and activities
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on