Priory’s Rehabilitation and Recovery Services
Priory provides comprehensive rehabilitation services for people with complex mental health needs. We align our services with the recommendations of the Joint Commissioning Panel for Mental Health, ensuring our patients are given the highest quality care to enable an appropriate transition back home or into community services, wherever possible. Priory specialises in behavioural support for people needing services within a broader, but focused pathway of care. Our nationwide network of specialist rehabilitation facilities provides support within the following specialisms:
- Active rehabilitation for severe and enduring mental health
- Learning disabilities and autism
- Personality disorders
- Neuropsychiatry, older adults and dementia
- 87% of patients were satisfied with the overall quality of care
- 71% of patients said staff were caring and supportive and communicated well with them
(2018 Quality Accounts)
- Our key aims are to reduce or end problem behaviours, manage risk and work towards discharge from the point of assessment, where appropriate
- Our wide range of services can support short-term admissions, if required, into higher dependency services, protecting the longer-term placement
- A diverse range of therapies including, but not limited to, psycho-education, cognitive and dialectical behavioural therapies (CBT and DBT), art therapy and daily living skills programmes
- Expert multidisciplinary teams support all our services
- Priory is a trusted partner of the NHS in delivering clinically effective, evidence-based treatment programmes
- We work closely with commissioners to create flexible and bespoke packages of care to best support individual needs
For patients with severe and enduring mental health issues, we provide a service which is structured to support people on their journey towards increased independence and the highest quality of life possible.
Our step-down facilities are suitable for patients who need active rehabilitation, ongoing care, and treatment in safe and comfortable environments.
For full details on this service, please visit our active rehabilitation for severe and enduring mental health page.
For further information on our Welsh services please click here.
Learning disabilities and autism
These services support individuals with a learning disability or autism, through a tailored multidisciplinary team approach. The teams provide expert treatment and support through bespoke therapy. These programmes enable people in our care to work towards developing or re-developing social, educational and vocational skills, to help them progress to a more positive future or, where possible, successful independent living.
For full details on this service, please visit our learning disabilities and autism page.
We provide specialist DBT treatment programmes for those living with a personality disorder. Our services provide individuals with new coping skills and, through the use of evidence-based therapies such as DBT, enable those accessing our care to fully engage with therapy and move forward with their lives. Priory provides a safe but welcoming personality disorder service in a number of locations.
You can visit our personality disorders page to read more about these services, including details of the programmes of care offered and desired aims for our patients.
Neuropsychiatry, older adults and dementia
Priory provides a service for those experiencing neuropsychiatric conditions, including dementia, Korsakoff syndrome and Huntington’s disease. We can offer support at a number of stages on a patient’s journey, from assessment and treatment through to rehabilitation. A number of our services also offer end-of-life care and support.
Priory provides care in appropriate, safe and comfortable settings, in order to maximise functioning and reduce agitation. Priory can also support physical disabilities and other co-morbidities through its bespoke packages of care.
For more information on these services, please view our dedicated neuropsychiatry older age and dementia page.
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on