Priory’s Secure Services
Priory provides comprehensive Secure Services for people with complex mental health needs. We model our service provision on the NHS Secure Service specification for Medium and Low Secure Services, ensuring our patients are given the highest quality of care to enable quick and smooth transitions into local services wherever possible.
Within Priory’s Secure Services, Priory delivers clinically effective, evidence-based treatment programmes for individuals who require secure care, providing both psychological and physical security.
- Individualised and flexible care pathways
- Experienced and expert multidisciplinary teams
- Rapid access to the highest quality of care
- Recovery-focused approach for a wide range of mental health needs
Areas of expertise include dealing with:
- Challenging behaviours
- Complex needs
- Severe and enduring mental health
- Learning disabilities
- Personality disorders
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs)
Our patients are at the heart of everything we do. Together, we strive for clinical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Our care pathways are categorised under:
- Medium Secure Services
- Low Secure Services
We recognise the importance of an individual pathway, designed to provide a safe but supportive and structured environment. Our experienced multidisciplinary teams work collaboratively with individuals and commissioners to ensure that every patient receives rapid access to the highest quality of care, when they need it most.
Protecting all our patients within Priory’s Secure Services is at the forefront of our minds and we ensure safeguarding best practice is followed to the highest possible degree. We strive to maintain a transparent and open culture where everyone feels safe and able to share any issues.
Priory’s Secure Services provide free assessments, carried out by a senior clinician, usually within 24 hours of an enquiry. Subject to NHS agreement, same-day admission can be facilitated and all our secure hospitals have specific admission criteria relevant to the service and support that they offer.
Who do we support?
Priory Secure Services are for the following individuals:
- Males and females aged 18 years or older
- Individuals detained under the Mental Health Act
- Prisoners with a mental health disorder – remanded or convicted
- Patients who may have encountered difficulties in previous placements and require a higher level of support
They may also have:
- A mental disorder combined with physical health needs
- Sexual offending behaviour
- Self-harming behaviour
- Substance misuse or forensic addictions
Enquiries and Referrals
For further information on Priory services offered to the NHS, or to make a referral, please call our dedicated 24/7 customer service centre on 0800 090 1356. Alternatively, click here to submit an enquiry form
Priory is ready to take emergency placements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for adult acute mental health, adult eating disorders, CAMHS and PICU. To make a referral please call us on
For more information about the secure services that Priory offer, download our brochure.Get our brochure