Online therapy and assessments
In order to be flexible and meet the needs of our patients, Priory is offering access to expert specialists from the comfort of your own home with our online therapy service. Along with your therapy, you can also have your initial assessment through Priory Connect. In addition, we are also able to offer initial consultant assessments through Skype.
If you access our online therapy, you will benefit from the same high regulatory standards that you would receive across all of our Priory services, and will be treated by highly trained therapists who are experts in their field.
Online therapy services
Through combining the expertise of our specialists and Babylon Healthcare’s market leading app, Priory Connect powered by Babylon provides quick access to market leading mental health support.
Online therapy at Priory:
- Therapy sessions with a Priory therapist through the Babylon app, in the comfort of your own home or somewhere else that’s convenient for you
- The flexibility of being able to receive expert treatment without having to travel to one of our sites – all you need is an internet connection. This is helpful if your mobility, mental health condition or other issues make it difficult for you to leave home
- Expert 1:1 cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Day time, evening and weekend sessions available
- Conversations take place between you and your therapist, and you will be able to see and hear each other without being in the same room
- The choice to receive as many therapy sessions as you need or want
- An app-based service delivered through your mobile or tablet device with access to the internet
- A choice of the therapist you want to work with and the appointment times that suit you best
Our online therapy service is available for people over the age of 18 years, who need support with their mental health challenges. You will be able to receive an initial online assessment to confirm your suitability for therapy, before starting your online therapy sessions. However, if you need a diagnosis for your mental health concerns and/or need to be prescribed medication, a separate, face-to-face assessment with a consultant may be needed before you can start online therapy. For further information, and to discuss your needs further, call us today on 0800 840 3219.
How to book your first online therapy appointment
It’s quick and easy to book your first online therapy appointment through Priory Connect. If you are self-paying, you just have to follow four simple steps:
- Download the free Babylon app
- Create an account and fill in your details
- Use the code ‘prioryconnect’ when registering
- Book your appointment
If you already have the Babylon app, go to ‘Me’ > ‘Membership’ > ‘Membership type’, and then type ‘prioryconnect’ into the ‘Enter Membership Code’ section.
Positive outcomes from online therapy
Evidence shows that online therapy has lots of benefits and is an effective treatment method. Some of the main findings from research in this area include*:
- Online therapy has been shown to have the same positive outcomes as face-to-face therapy
- Overall, patients receiving online therapy are very satisfied with their experiences, with many saying that the service is easy to use and means they don’t have to travel to appointments
- Mental health assessments made using online therapy were shown to be as reliable as assessments made during face-to-face therapy
Once you have registered your personal information, and set up your Babylon account, you will be able to select a therapist for a day time, evening or weekend session
Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
We can also offer Priory Connect to people wishing to access therapy support through their private medical insurance (PMI). Currently people with Allianz, Bupa, Healix, Aviva, Cigna, WPA and Vitality policies are eligible, subject to individual policy conditions. Please call for more information. You will also need to gain pre-authorisation from your insurer.
Meet our specialists
To find out more about our Priory Connect therapists, click here.
*Source: World Journal of Psychology
If you are currently undergoing treatment with Priory, speak to your specialist to find out more information. Otherwise, please call 0800 840 3219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.