We accept referrals from a wide variety of public sector organisations throughout the UK, including special hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, prisons, courts, MSUs, SHA forensic lead commissioners, social services, NHS Mental Health Trusts, GPs, the police and others.
Our secure patients are aged 18 or over and are detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or have equivalent status. Our patients are made aware of hospital procedures, regulations and restrictions and should agree to abide by them via a written contract prior to admission.
We are able to accept emergency referrals (24/7). Urgent or out-of-hours appointments and admissions can be arranged immediately by telephoning the appropriate hospital.
We are also able to offer a National Rapid Transfer and Advisory Service (NRTS) for remand and convicted prisoners who are in need of urgent admission, assessment and treatment for mental disorder in condition of low or medium security. This service is cost free.
For further information please contact the Admissions office on 01293 787 500 or e-mail email@example.com
The Admissions Office then passes the patient's details on to the appropriate consultant psychiatrist.
Farmfield Admissions criteria
- Male patients aged 18 + who require low or medium security and will benefit from treatment and rehabilitation
- Diagnosis of mental illness or personality disorder
- Expertise in management of co-morbid complex conditions e.g. Asperger's Syndrome
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983)
- May have a forensic history