This service is now part of Elysium Healthcare. For information on this service please click here www.elysiumhealthcare.co.uk
If you have an enquiry about a referral or admission to this service please call 0800 218 2398 or contact us on email@example.com
For information on careers at this service please click here www.elysiumhealthcare.co.uk and head for the Careers web page or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0208 327 1834
The Priory Hospital Farmfield is a 52-bedded, low and medium secure hospital specialising in treating male service users aged 18 years or older who have been detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) and who will benefit from extended treatment and rehabilitation.
We care for service users with enduring mental illness, Personality Disorder and with mild learning disabilities.
Treatment and care
The hospital's consultant-led, multidisciplinary teams have a wealth of clinical and research experience in forensic psychiatry and rehabilitation. Treatment is targeted toward safe service user re-settlement in the community, where possible.
All therapeutic programmes have been designed to maximise the potential and enhance the quality of life of each individual service user.
Our clinical services include:
- Offending behaviour and related risks addressed through specific, evidence-based interventions that include insight treatment compliance and relapse prevention
- Optimise functioning and improve quality of life
- Enhance service user dignity and self-esteem
- Social skills interventions including anger and anxiety management, improving assertiveness and stability in relationships
- HCR-V3 and START risk management tools
- Comprehensive range of occupational and complementary therapies like community skills training, which aim to enhance service user dignity, self-esteem and functioning
- Family support and psycho-education
- Specialist forensic cognitive behavioural therapy assessment and interventions
Environment and facilities
The Priory Hospital Farmfield is a purpose-built hospital with an extremely high standard of accommodation. It has five wards with single en-suite rooms and offers service users a light, comfortable environment. Service users are encouraged to bring their own home comforts and personalise their rooms.
Our recreational facilities include:
- Fully equipped gym
- Occupational therapy rooms
- Rehabilitation kitchens
- Computer room
- Art studio
- Hospital shop
- Multi-faith room
- Music room