This service is now part of Elysium Healthcare. For information on this service please click here www.elysiumhealthcare.co.uk
If you have an enquiry about a referral or admission to this service please call 0800 218 2398 or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on careers at this service please click here www.elysiumhealthcare.co.uk and head for the Careers web page or email us on email@example.com or call us on 0208 327 1834
The Priory Hospital St Neots offers assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for male and female patients suffering from a broad range of neuropsychiatric conditions or functional disorders.
Our multidisciplinary team (MDT) delivers individually assessed packages of care that support community integration and the retention and development of skills for daily living. The MDT comprises experienced professionals in the fields of neuropsychiatry, neuropsychology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and dietetics.
The hospital engages consultants from the NHS on a sessional basis in the fields of medical rehabilitation, neurology and pain management. Day to day medical care is provided by a well-respected local General Practitioner. On-site therapy services are provided alongside Activities of Daily Living (ADL) kitchens, education suite, sensory room and gardens.
Care packages are developed with service users to include clearly defined, achievable and regularly reviewed milestones and goals. Our values of holism, collaboration and respect make us ambitious for those of our patients who can progress and sensitive to the difficulties faced by those patients who cannot.
Our service users
Our service users tend to be older people with significant disabilities associated with chronic conditions such as:
- Neurodegenerative conditions such as Lewy body dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s and Parkinson-plus diseases, Spinocerebellar ataxias and metabolic conditions, irrespective of age of onset.
- Acquired brain injury where disability has become relatively static or where the disability is complicated by other neurological and medical disorders
- Functional conditions complicated by treatment resistance, medical disorder or other co-morbidity
- We cannot accept patients whose primary diagnosis is one of personality disorder unless this disorder is due to some form of brain injury. We cannot accept patients with an acute psychotic breakdown
- We are unable to accept patients who require ECT treatment