The Priory Hospital Ty Gwyn Hall is a 34 bed independent hospital located in Abergavenny, South Wales, within easy access of the M4 and M5 supporting referrals from across the country.
The site provides rehabilitation and treatment for individuals who have been diagnosed with a range of mental health conditions.
The three units across the service provide continuity of care and recovery through a clear step down pathway.
- Skirrid View has 12 beds and provides initial assessment and treatment within a safe and well supervised environment.
- Ty Gwyn has 18 beds and provides support to those who are moving forward with their recovery and are able to take on more independence.
- Pentwyn House has 4 beds and provides a step-down service for service users who are nearing discharge.
- Between September 2014-15 23 service users stepped down to a less intensive service
- Rural setting allows active rehabilitation helping to maintain high levels of interest and engagement
- Users are engaged in over 20 hours of meaningful activity per month (based on average scores)
- A highly skilled and extensive Multidisciplinary team including:
- Consultant psychiatrist
- Mental health nurse
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Music and art therapist
- Mental health act administrator
- Retained GP (providing weekly visits)
- Close relationship with local village and health community
- Regulated by NHS Wales and HIW
We provide a ‘full-care pathway’ solution for commissioners looking to place people with complex conditions right through to transition back into the community.
We believe that if service users enjoy their time with us and remain active and engaged, they will feel more relaxed and their treatment is more effective. The location and surrounding area makes this approach possible - intrinsically linked to our treatment and activity programmes.
If a service user were to relapse, they can move smoothly back through the same care pathway, until they are able to move forward again – all within the same support structure and environment. As part of our pathway we emphasise the step towards true independent living.