Thomas Caroll has been working in mental health services for over 30 years. He is a fully accredited and qualified cognitive behaviour psychotherapist. He has a wealth of experience from his mental health nursing background in both hospital and community settings.
Thomas provides high quality and evidence based individualised services to everyone he sees for cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
Thomas’s psychotherapy experience has proven valuable in helping people through CBT. He has gained a lot of feedback throughout his psychotherapy practice. Below is a selection of the feedback he has received:
- “He is very calm, polite and understanding. I felt listened to and respected, and crucially that my worries were taken seriously. I felt I was given appropriate guidance and information”.
- “Thomas was very easy to speak to and also very understanding”.
- “Thanks for our sessions, you always understood and never judged me”.
- “It is amazing how talking about this with Thomas and learning some techniques to use, has completely changed my life. I wish I had admitted the problem years ago and sought help. Thomas was fantastic, very understanding, caring and helpful”.
- “Thomas was very informative, and I felt he really listened to everything I had to say”.
- “Thomas was very thorough, and I did not feel at all rushed, he was very sensitive and professional which eased me into talking more openly about my current issues”.
- “Thank you for helping me to become myself again”.
- “I know it’s down to me to change habits, but I wouldn’t have been able to without your much appreciated and friendly guidance, so thank you very much”.
Position at Priory
Thomas joined Priory Group as a sessional cognitive behaviour psychotherapist in March 2019, currently he attends Priory one day a week.
- Thomas initially trained and qualified as a registered nurse in mental health in the NHS; this training occurred at a training hospital in Epsom in 1984.
- He undertook management training through his Diploma and Executive Diploma in Management at Colchester Institute in 2002/3 which was registered with the Chartered Management Institute.
- In 2006, he completed a BSc (Hons) in Community Nursing Specialist Practice at the University of East Anglia and gained the qualification as a Specialist Practitioner in Community Mental Health Nursing.
- He completed his training in Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapy in 2011 at the University of East Anglia and is a fully accredited psychotherapist registered with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, (BABCP).
- In 2014 he completed training in interpersonal psychotherapist (IPT).
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Perinatal Depression
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- BSc (Hons) Community Nursing Specialist Practice
- Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist (CBT)
- Diploma & Executive diploma in Management
- Interpersonal Psychotherapist (IPT)
- Registered Nurse in Mental Health
- Specialist Practitioner in Community Mental Health Nursing