Promoting the wellbeing of children and families through an in-depth understanding of their challenges and the use of evidence-based interventions to address them is my key priority. I strive to deliver an empathic, responsive and effective service for all children and young people under my care.
Dr Marinos Kyriakopoulos
Dr Kyriakopoulos is a visiting consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist at Priory.
In the NHS, he is consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist of the National and Specialist Acorn Lodge Inpatient Children’s Unit of South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. He is also a visiting senior lecturer in child and adolescent psychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London.
He holds an adjunct assistant professor position at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA and an honorary consultant position at the Tourette Syndrome Clinic, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. He has a special interest in autism spectrum disorders, early-onset psychotic disorders, developmental neuropsychiatry and psychopharmacology.
Dr Kyriakopoulos trained in clinical psychiatry, specialising in child and adolescent psychiatry, at St Mary’s, Maudsley and Great Ormond Street hospitals. He is trained in the use of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) and the Autism Diagnostic Interview – Revised and holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Systemic Practice. He completed his PhD at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London, in 2010. His research focuses on early-onset psychotic disorders, the interface between autism spectrum disorders and early-onset psychosis, and the stigma of mental health treatment in childhood. He has received a number of awards including a NARSAD 2008 Young Investigator Award (USA) and the 2009 Margaret Davenport Prize (Royal College of Psychiatrists).
Clinical articles and research papers
Dr Kyriakopoulos has published over 35 peer reviewed papers and book chapters and has presented in numerous national and international conferences.
- Anger Management
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Mental Health Treatment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Young People’s Services
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (FRCPsych), 2016
- Medical Degree, University of Athens, Greece (First Class), 1998
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych), 2005
- Philosophy Degree (PhD), Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London, 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in Systemic Practice (PGCert), Kensington Consultation Centre Foundation, London, and University of Bedfordshire, 2008