Dr Maria Teresa Lax-Pericall
Dr Lax-Pericall has been a visiting consultant in child and adolescent psychiatry at Priory Hospital Roehampton for over 10 years.
After qualifying in Medicine in Spain, Dr Lax-Pericall trained in psychiatry and child and adolescent psychiatry in UK. She completed an MSc in Epilepsy at King’s College London and was awarded a PhD in 2017.
Earlier on in her carrier she completed a Diploma in Clinical Psychotherapy and has trained in eye movement desensitisation reprocessing (EMDR).
- Psychiatric disorders in children with epilepsy and brain injury
- Risk factors for psychiatric disorders in children with neurological conditions
- M.T. Lax Pericall, E. Taylor (2014), Family function and its relationship to injury severity and psychiatric outcome in children with acquired brain injury: a systematized review. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology 2014 ,56 (1):19–30.
- M.T. Lax-Pericall and E. Taylor (2010), Psychosis and Epilepsy in young people Epilepsy and Behaviour , 18 (4) 450-454.
- M. Ferrin, M. Ruiz-Veguilla, M. Blanc-Betes, S. El Abd, M.T. Lax-Pericall, M. Sinclair, E. Taylor Evaluation of attitudes towards treatment in adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2012 Jul 20;21(7):387-401.
- T. Fosi, M.T. Lax-Pericall, R.C. Scott, B.G. Neville and S. Aylett, Methylphenidate treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in young people with learning disability and difficult-to-treat epilepsy: Evidence of clinical benefit, Epilepsia , 2013 , 54(12) 2071–2081.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Anger Management
- Anxiety Attack Treatment
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Conduct Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Selective Mutism
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Young People’s Services
- LMS (Spain) (equivalent to MBBS in UK) 1983
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) 1992
- MSc (Epileptology) 2007
- PhD 2017