Priory Healthcare launches enhanced 24/7 emergency mental health placement service
Last month, Priory Group launched a dedicated adult acute mental health emergency placement service. The aim of the service is to provide 24-hour assistance, seven days a week, to support NHS professionals and their patients in times of emergency.
Following the successful launch of the acute service, Priory has now introduced an emergency placement programme for adult eating disorders and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). A dedicated web page, has been created to provide full details of the service and latest bed availability, alongside a referrals hotline: 0845 000 5050.
The service available:
- We can accept both emergency admissions and crisis placements
- We can accept both adult male and female service users across a range of acuity levels
- A trained and experienced team will complete a desktop risk assessment on receipt of the call
- The team will determine a suitable site for placement and the site will aim to assess and admit the service user within 24 hours, faster for emergency placements as required
- For emergency admissions, we aim to respond within 30 minutes of receiving the information
- Regular clinical care updates are provided from the point of admission, along with guidance on future placements
- Our on-site multidisciplinary teams assess, manage, stabilise and treat an individual with an acute period of mental illness
- Bed availability listings are updated daily and highlight our current capacity to immediately accept emergency placements
- Our central enquiries team will help you identify the most suitable placement as near to the service user’s home as possible
As part of the wider services we offer through over 300 locations, Priory Group has a network of specialist acute mental health hospitals across the UK that are ready to take any of your emergency placements 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Priory locations which offer 24/7 emergency mental health placements include: Altrincham, Cheadle, Glasgow, Preston, Bristol, Southampton, Woodbourne, Birmingham, Middleton St George, Chelmsford, Ticehurst, Roehampton, North London, Hayes Grove and Woking.