I've always viewed therapy as a tool - a tool that can be used to facilitate growth and change and an opportunity to learn new skills and explore your own internal world. In the words of Bessel van de Kohl: “Neuroscience research shows that the only way we can change the way we feel, is by becoming aware of our inner experience and learning to befriend what is going inside ourselves.”
The therapy I offer is practical and collaborative. My aim is to to share the skills and knowledge I have, with you, so that you feel fully resourced within yourself. Therapy is a space that's just for you, in a world that doesn't prioritise that enough.
Position at Priory
Abigail began working at Priory Hospital Altrincham in 2015, as a health care assistant, on an inpatient acute ward. This gave her extensive experience working with individuals suffering from complex mental health presentations. During this period she additionally completed her level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling, resulting in her becoming a qualified integrative counsellor in 2018.
In April 2022 she became a valued member of the addictions therapy team at Priory Hospital Altrincham, and in February 2023 was awarded status as an accredited member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists).
- ABC level 2: award in counselling concepts, The Manchester College 2014
- ABC level 3: certificate in counselling skills, The Manchester College 2015
- ABC level 4: diploma in therapeutic counselling, Stockport College 2018
- BACP accredited since 2023
- Certificate: Deb Dana’s polyvagal informed therapy master class, PESI UK online 2021
- Certificate: internal family systems, PESI UK online 2021
- Certificate: narcissistic relationships, emotional abuse and gaslighting: treating and empowering survivors of relational trauma, PESI UK online 2023