Andrzej is a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) psychotherapist and an accredited member of the BABCP. He has over 28 years of practice in mental health within the NHS and the private sector. Andrzej’s background in mental health has provided him with a high degree of experience and extensive knowledge in working with individuals with various mental health difficulties.
Andrzej specialises in the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, trauma, phobias and all types of anxiety disorders. He provides CBT, compassion-focused therapy (CFT) and mindfulness interventions to assist individuals to overcome their difficulties. He advocates evidence-based psychological approaches to ensure individuals receive excellent care.
Andrzej’s career began in mental health as an RMN in the NHS. He has worked in the primary and secondary care sectors of the NHS, often working with complex cases. His interest in CBT began early in his career when he observed how patients’ mental health improved after receiving CBT. This inspired him to embark on several years of training as a CBT psychotherapist at the University of Derby.
- Diploma Mental Health Nursing (RMN) – (1991-94) University of Nottingham
- MSc (merit) in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (2002-04) – University of Derby
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (2001) – University of Derby
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (2002) – University of Derby
- Postgraduate Diploma in Problem-Centred Interventions for People with a Serious Mental Illness – (1997-98) University of Nottingham