Dov Benyaacov-Kurtzman is a psychotherapist with a wealth of training and experience in several disciplines. His work shows us that valued action, small or big, can bring us together and help healing.
Dov merited a private audience with HRH Prince William in recognition for the contribution of his charity organisation with their psycho-trauma work in the UK after a series of terror attacks and man-made disasters.
His cutting-edge 6-pronged approach to cognitive psychological first aid teaches us how to bring quickly and effectively those affected by psychological shock from helplessness to effective functioning.
Dov has been referred to as a deep and compassionate human with immense pragmatism, energy, coherent direction, and a sense of justice.
Dov has written a book called Mind Over Terror – 3 Weeks 2 Cities 1 Mission, a true story of three significantly traumatic events which affected two UK cities. Dov embarked on one incredible mission: a mission to change the way we approach mental health in dealing with survivors of psychological shock and trauma in the UK.
Dov is an experienced trainer in Cognitive Psychological first aid and in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. He also hosts a number of social media live shows including interviewing the world’s leading psychologists and authors in mental health and a daily mental health show for the general public.
Positions at Priory
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Sessional Therapist and EMDR Practitioner.
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Anger Management
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Plastic Surgery Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Shopping Addiction
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Work Addiction
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – ACT Immersion - Professor Steven Hayes
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – Birmingham University
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – Year Course – Mattheu Villate Training
- BA Government specialising in Counter Terrorism – IDC Herzliya
- BSW Social Work (2:1) – Ashkelon School of Social Work
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Psagot College
- Certificate in Marriage and Family Counselling – Yanar College
- EMDR practitioner certificate (Parts 1, 2 and 3)- Richman EMDR Training
- LLB Law and Government - IDC Herzliya
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychiatry (Distinction) - Cardiff University School of Medicine
- Relational Frame Theory – Matthue Villate