Dr Farrukh Alam
Dr Alam has worked as an expert in the treatment of addictions in London for 25 years. During these years, he has helped people with psychological difficulties that are affecting their lives. His specialist area is addiction; helping people with alcohol, drug, and other compulsive behaviours to achieve recovery and maintain a happy life.
After completing medical training at the Universities of St Andrews and Manchester, Dr Alam’s psychiatric training was at National Drug and Alcohol Units at The Maudsley Hospital, London SE5.
His NHS role is Associate Medical Director at Central & Northwest London Foundation Trust, and he is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, Faculty of Addictions.
Clinical articles and presentations
- Dr Alam has a commitment to providing the best quality care, and has published widely in the international literature.
- Dr Alam has also presented on the topic of addiction to a wide audience, including international conferences, House of Lords, and international and national media.
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Cannabis Addiction
- Cocaine Addiction
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Ecstasy / MDMA Addiction
- Exercise Addiction
- Food Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
- Gaming Addiction
- Heroin Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Ketamine Addiction
- Legal High Addiction
- Porn Addiction
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
- Sex and Love Addiction
- Shopping Addiction
- Spice Addiction
- Stimulant Addiction
- Work Addiction
- BSc University of St Andrews 1986
- MB ChB University of Manchester 1989
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 1993
- Section 12 Approved, Mental Health Act (1983)
- Specialist Register for Psychiatry, 1997, certification in Addiction