Dr Imran Majid
I am highly experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of mental health conditions and have been fortunate to have received my post graduate training at one of the most prestigious training programmes internationally.
I believe that establishing a trusting and open relationship is of the upmost importance for children and young people under my care. Sadly, mental illness can be a very difficult topic to talk about and I always seek to offer an extremely professional service whilst remaining friendly and caring in my approach.
I view mental health as multifaceted and therefore carefully consider all the factors that may be contributing to one’s difficulties. I frequently request feedback from young people and their families to ensure that I am consistently providing excellent patient care. I ensure my clinical skills are kept up to date and that they are in keeping with the latest evidence-based research.
Dr Majid graduated with honours from The University of Sheffield School of Medicine in 2005 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBchB) degree.
Dr Majid then proceeded to undertake his training in Psychiatry at the internationally renowned Maudsley training programme. During this period Dr Majid accessed high quality training in evidenced-based psychiatry, working in a wide range of specialties, sub-specialities and both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings, in addition to gaining skills in academic research. Dr Majid obtained Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) status in 2011 and completed his training in 2014. He has since then worked as a locum Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in the South of England.
Dr Majid has conducted a literature review and also wrote a journal article exploring suicide and non-fatal suicidal behaviours for which he received a distinction.
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger Syndrome
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ADHD and ADD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Eating Disorders - NHS Services
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders (Insomnia)
- Approved Clinician Status/Section 12 Approved Status
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (Hons) University of Sheffield School of Medicine 2005
- Certificate of Completion of Training December 2014
- Member of The Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) 2011